PCH Search is another search engine, which has initiated various discussions on the Internet these days. It seems that the most important reason, why it received so much attention, is its distribution method. PCH Search can easily show up on your computer after installing free programs from the Internet. If you managed to download this program on your machine, you shouldn’t leave it there. We recommend that because this search engine may return for you altered search results that seek to promote related websites. Besides, it may also download PCH Search Toolbar, start showing continuous pop-up ads or simply slow down your computer. If you noticed PCH Search instead of your homepage or default search engine, you should waste no time and check your computer with reliable anti-spyware.
HOW CAN PCH Search INFILTRATE MY COMPUTER?
There are hundreds of PC users who were tricked into installing PCH Search on their computers manually because this program promises various prizes just for using it. However, in most if the cases it shows up after installing freeware and shareware. This distribution method can hardly be called malicious. However, it clearly initiates various doubts because people are hardly wanted how many programs they will download. In order to avoid PCH Search, be sure to choose a custom or advanced installation method when installing freeware on your computer. After that, find the check mark that agrees to install PCH Search and deselect it.
HOW TO REMOVE PCH Search?
If you found PCH Search instead of your start page or default search engine, it means that you downloaded it on your computer somehow. In most if the cases, it happens when downloading freeware from the Internet. If you want to remove PCH Search, follow this guide:
First of all, eliminate PCH Search via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for PCH Search, PCH Search & Win Toolbar and other unknown entries, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, remove DVDVideoSoft Toolbar from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for PCH Search, PCH Search & Win Toolbar and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- After that, change the start page.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find PCH Search, PCH Search & Win Toolbar and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Once you do that, don't forget to change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for PCH Search, PCH Search & Win Toolbar and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- After that, change the settings of your start page.
Finally, scan your computer with one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use