What is PCH Search?
PCH Search (can also be found as PCHSearch or PCHSearch&Win) is another search engine, which has initiated various discussions on the Internet these days. It seems that the most important reason, why it has received so much attention from PC users, is its distribution method. PCHSearch&Win hijacker can easily show up on your computer after installing free programs from the Internet. That's because it has been spread with the help of bundling and other suspicious distribution techniques. If you managed to download this program on your machine, you shouldn’t leave it there because it will try to hijack each of your web browsers. We also recommend avoiding this questionable search engine because it may also try to return for you altered search results. Typically, they are filled with commercial content, like affiliates' links, pop-up ads and other attractive notifications. If you don't want to be tricked into visiting unknown websites that are related to PCH Search, you should never click these ads. There is no guarantee that each of websites that is promoted with a help of such technique is safe. Besides, when having this program on your computer, you may also be tricked into downloading PCH Search Toolbar and other related programs that you don't need at all. Finally, you may not even know that PCH Search hijacker is tracking your browsing on the Internet and collecting your search terms, mostly visited websites, data that you enter when visiting your favorite sites and so on. No matter that this information is not considered as personally identifiable, we believe that you shouldn't reveal it for unknown parties. If you have already noticed PCH Search hijacker instead of your homepage or default search engine on each of your web browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, etc.), you should waste no time and check your computer with reliable anti-spyware. For that we highly recommend using SpyHunter or other well known security tool.
HOW CAN PCH Search hijack MY COMPUTER?
There are hundreds of PC users who have been tricked into installing PCHSearch&Win hijacker on their computers manually because this program promises various prizes just for using it. However, the most of such users have started looking for a method that could help them to get rid of this application after several weeks. In addition, this program may show up on your machine after installing freeware and shareware. This distribution method can hardly be called malicious. However, it clearly initiates various doubts because people are hardly wanted how many programs they will download. In order to avoid PCH Search, be sure to choose a custom or advanced installation method when installing freeware on your computer. After that, find the check mark that agrees to install PCH Search and deselect it.
HOW TO REMOVE PCHSearch&Win virus?
If you found PCH Search instead of your start page or default search engine, it means that you downloaded it on your computer somehow. In most if the cases, it happens when downloading freeware from the Internet. If you want to remove PCH Search, follow this guide:
You can remove PCH Search automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual PCH Search Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall PCH Search and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove PCH Search from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove PCH Search from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for PCH Search or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove PCH Search from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for PCH Search or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove PCH Search from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall PCH Search from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove PCH Search from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for PCH Search and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete PCH Search removal.
Remove PCH Search from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select PCH Search and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete PCH Search removal.
Remove PCH Search from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select PCH Search and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete PCH Search removal.
Remove PCH Search from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for PCH Search or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by PCH Search, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete PCH Search removal process.
Step 4: Complete PCH Search removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of PCH Search registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of PCH Search
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.