Start.search.us.com is another website, which can easily initiate unwanted redirections and make you forget about Google, Bing, Yahoo and similar search sites. That's because it closely relies on browser hijacker, which modifies various system's settings on its target computer as soon as it infiltrates it. In most of the cases, this domain appears instead of the start page, default search engine and new tab page. It shows up on all your Internet browsers that are installed on the PC, so changing the browser won't help you in this situation. If you want to get rid of Start.search.us.com redirects, we recommend checking your PC for browser hijacker. Besides, you will also have to change the settings of each of your browser back to normal if you want to get rid of this threat for good.
WHY DO I SUFFER FROM Start.search.us.com REDIRECTS?
If you suffer from start.search.us.com redirects, there is a huge chance that your computer is infected with browser hijacker. However, there are many free applications that promote such search engines as well, so be careful when downloading them on your computer. As soon as this browser hijacker gets inside, it modifies default browser, start page and similar settings. All this is done for a very simple reason – this site seeks to make you enter sponsored domains and increase the number of their visitors. Besides, it can also be set to track your browsing habits and share this data with the third parties. Please, do NOT ignore Start.search.us.com redirect issue and remove browser hijacker, which is responsible for it.
HOW TO REMOVE Start.search.us.com REDIRECT VIRUS?
If you want to stop start.search.us.com redirects, you have to follow these instructions:
First of all, run a full system scan with updated anti-spyware, such as STOPzilla or SpyHunter.
In addition, remove malicious entries from Add/Remove Programs list. For that follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for start.search.us.com and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Finally, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall start.search.us.com and other entries that are unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find start.search.us.com and other entries that are unknown and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
We might be affiliated with any product we recommend on the site. Full disclosure in our Agreement of Use.
and agreement of use