What is Start.search.us.com?
Start.search.us.com is another website, which can easily initiate unwanted redirections to unknown websites that are trying to increase their page rank or sales. After this search engine hijacks each of your web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other web browsers, it may make you to forget about Google, Bing, Yahoo and similar search sites. That's because it may start showing up on your web browsers once you start your browsing on the web. This and some other reasons have made security researchers to include this program to browser hijacker and potentially unwanted program categories. That's why you should be careful with this program and avid searching the web with its help. Otherwise, you may receive altered search results that may be filled with links leading you to affiliate websites. Some of these websites may be involved to the distribution of other potentially unwanted programs, such as browser hijackers and adwares. That's why you should avoid this search engine. If this domain has already appeared instead of your start page, the default search engine or a new tab page, you should download an updated anti-spyware and check your PC for this browser hijacker with it. For that you can use such applications as SpyHunter (Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (Mac OS X). Of course, you can also get rid of this search engine manually with a help of a manual removal guide, which is given below. However, you should be extremely careful when relying on this removal method because each of these steps should be performed in right order.
How can Start.search.us.com hijack my computer?
If you have been suffering from start.search.us.com redirects to unknown websites, annoying pop-up ads and other suspicious activities, there is a huge chance that your computer has been affected by this browser hijacker.It can be installed manually because this program is actively promoted as a tool that can help people to improve their browsing on the Internet. We don't think that you should trust such claims because there are lots of PC users who have downloaded this program to their computers and now they are looking for a method that could help them remove it. In addition, this search engine may appear on your computer without downloading it to the system because it has been added to lots of free applications as an optional component. If you want to prevent such infiltration, you should start monitoring installation of the freeware by selecting Custom or Advanced installation option. After doing so, you should uncheck pre-checked check marks that claim that you want to make this search engine your start page or a default search engine. If this browser hijacker gets inside computer, it may modify some part of your system settings. All this is done for a very simple reason – this site seeks to make you enter sponsored domains and increase the number of their visitors. If you want to avoid that, you should use a guide below and get rid of this application.
HOW TO REMOVE Start.search.us.com VIRUS?
If you want to stop start.search.us.com redirects, you have to follow these instructions:
You can remove Start.search.us.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Start.search.us.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Start.search.us.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Start.search.us.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Start.search.us.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Start.search.us.com from Safari
Remove Start.search.us.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Start.search.us.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Start.search.us.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Start.search.us.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Start.search.us.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Start.search.us.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Start.search.us.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Start.search.us.com removal.
Remove Start.search.us.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Start.search.us.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Start.search.us.com removal.
Remove Start.search.us.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Start.search.us.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Start.search.us.com removal.
Remove Start.search.us.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Start.search.us.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Start.search.us.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Start.search.us.com removal process.
Complete Start.search.us.com removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Start.search.us.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Start.search.us.com
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.