What is Storage.conduit.com?
Storage.conduit.com is suspicious search engine that have been noticed for questionable distribution techniques and annoying activities that it tends to initiate after hijacking each of web browsers. In most of the cases, people who discover this search site on their computers, think that it has infiltrated them behind their back. Unfortunately, but the reality is different because in most of the cases people allow its infiltration. If you want to avoid browser hijackers like this one, you have to start monitoring installation of every free program that you decide to download because there are lots of freewares that have been involved to Storage.conduit.com distribution. If it enters the system, it Storage.conduit.com hijacks each of web browsers and starts its affiliate marketing campaigns. In fact, this search engine is closely related to Conduit, Search.conduit.com, Trovi and Trovigo search engines that were firstly noticed some years ago. Nevertheless, it seems that people are still bothered by them.
Why are they promoted? The main reason why spammers do that is the money that is collected by promoting affiliate websites. Beware that not each of such sites is harmless. You may be tricked into visiting suspicious, questionable and even unsafe websites, so there is no need to ignoreStorage.conduit.com redirects. Besides, just like any other search website, this site may be used to track users' browsing habits. In most of the cases, they collect people's search terms, mostly visited websites, data that they enter when visiting them and similar data. However, sometimes email addresses, PCs' IP addresses and location is also known for the developers of such programs. This may lead you to an increased amount of spam and similar problems. If you have already noticed that you are suffering from continuous Conduit redirects, pop-up ads, slow downs and similar issues, you should waste no time and scan your machine with updated anti-spyware. We highly recommend using such programs as SpyHunter or Malwarebytes Anti Malware. If you are using Mac OS X, then you should download Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus.
How can Storage.conduit.com hijack my computer?
Technically, Storage.conduit.com is not a 'virus' but there are lots of unwanted activities that it may cause on your computer. Beware that you can download such program unconsciously because they have been actively promoted in a bundle with shareware and freeware. In order to prevent infiltration of this hijacker, you should start paying more attention to the installation process of the freeware. For that you should use only Custom or Advanced installation option. Besides, make sure you uncheck all suspicious check marks that are typically set to allow changes of the start page or the default search engine. Once inside, this hijacker may modify the system and may take over all web browsers so that it could appear as soon as you start browsing on the web. If you don't have any desire to useStorage.conduit.com instead of Google or Yahoo, you should remove this browser hijacker from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE Storage.conduit.com virus?
Although this search engine is not a virus, it should be eliminated. If you are not an advanced computer user, we do not recommend choosing manual Storage.conduit.com removal because you may remove wrong files from the system. In this case, you should opt for Automatic removal option.
You can remove Storage.conduit.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Storage.conduit.com redirect Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Storage.conduit.com and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Storage.conduit.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Storage.conduit.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Storage.conduit.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Storage.conduit.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Storage.conduit.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove Storage.conduit.com from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Storage.conduit.com from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove Storage.conduit.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Storage.conduit.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Storage.conduit.com removal.
Remove Storage.conduit.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Storage.conduit.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Storage.conduit.com removal.
Remove Storage.conduit.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Storage.conduit.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Storage.conduit.com removal.
Remove Storage.conduit.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Storage.conduit.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Storage.conduit.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Storage.conduit.com removal process.
Step 4: Complete Storage.conduit.com redirect removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Storage.conduit.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.