What is ViewPlay?
ViewPlay is a potentially unwanted program, which may start showing its ads during your browsing. That's because this browser add-on is promoted as an optional component of other applications and it can easily appear on your computer out of nowhere. Once it does that, it typically displays 'Ads by ViewPlay', 'ViewPlay ads', 'brought to you by ViewPlay' and similar pop-up notifications. Please, do NOT fall for them because there is no guarantee that they are safe and will help you to save the money. No matter that they are full with price comparisons, information about sales and similar deals, there is no guarantee that they will redirect you to safe and harmless websites. Of course, ViewPlay adware ads may totally irritate you because they are displayed every time when people start their browsing sessions.
When trying to find ViewPlay, you should look for it in your Add/Remove Programs folder. However, sometimes it may hide from the user in order to prevent its removal from the system. In this case, we highly recommend using automatic removal methods of this freeware. You should think about running a full system scan with SpyHunter, STOPzilla or other anti-spyware if you are experiencing ViewPlay redirects, slow downs and similar issues. Besides, we must add the final reason that explains why we think that you should get rid of this program. No matter that ViewPlay can hardly pose harm to your PC, it may rely on tracking cookies and try to track your online activities. As far as we know, this information is not personally identifiable. However, there is no guarantee that suspicious third parties won't get ability to reach it.
How can ViewPlay hijack my computer?
ViewPlay plug-in should display useful coupons, comparison deals and discounts for your desired items. Unfortunately, this is yet another marketing trick in order to distribute this useless extension. Furthermore, we also have noticed that ViewPlay virus may travel as an additional attachment with freewares and sharewares. Beware that this dubious intruder may try to use your desire to install freeware on your computer as quick as possible. It may try to use even the smallest security gap to infiltrate your computer without being noticed. In order to avoid that, you should stop clicking Next button when installing freeware. Instead of that, you should check every single program that you are willing to install. Select Custom or Advanced installation option, follow the whole installation process, look for suspicious attachments (add-ons, toolbars, plug-ins, apps, etc.) and opt out of them.
How to remove ViewPlay virus from my computer?
You can remove ViewPlay automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual ViewPlay ads Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall ViewPlay and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for ViewPlay or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for ViewPlay or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall ViewPlay from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for ViewPlay and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete ViewPlay removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select ViewPlay and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete ViewPlay removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select ViewPlay and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete ViewPlay removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for ViewPlay or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete ViewPlay removal process.
Step 3: Complete ViewPlay ads removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of ViewPlay registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.