Websteroids is a free application that enables you to launch a game called Asteroids on any website you visit. Although that sounds like fun, you should think twice before adding this questionable program to your system. In fact, many reliable security vendors are labeling Websteroids as a potential threat and an 'adware'. In other words, this program is supported by advertising; therefore, if you want to enjoy the free Asteroids game, you may have to endure tons of annoying and intrusive advertisements. Many internet users are complaining about this program and activities that it may initiate. What is more, in worst case scenario, you may click Websteroids ads and get redirected to an unsafe website. Besides, people are complaining that Websteroids silently works in the background of the system and uses system's resources. So, it looks like this dubious application not only may flood you with advertisements, but also cause your computer to work more slowly.
How can Websteroids hijack my computer?
You can easily download Websteroids from its official website or various download websites. However, as we have mentioned above, in order to enjoy the free game, you may have to experience irritating visual advertisements. Besides, usually such adwares travel bundled with freewares and sharewares from all over the internet. That is the easiest way how to transmit such potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). Websteroids is not an exception; therefore, you should check what programs you are downloading and if these programs are safe to use. Remember this; freewares are usually supported by advertising or travel together with ad-supported attachments. Keeping that in mind, in order to avoid Websteroids virus, you should read end-user license agreement (EULA) part of your desired program. In this section, you should find valuable information about the program that you want to install. Moreover, in order to spot such unwanted attachments, you need to choose 'advanced' or 'custom' installation option. Follow the entire installation and unmark suspicious attachments.
How to stop Websteroids ads from appearing?
Don't let this program act behind your back, use your computer's resources and irritate your with advertisements. In order to stop Websteroids redirects, you should use this removal instruction.
- Remove Websteroids from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Websteroids, Updater (Publisher: Creative Island Media, LLC), or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove Websteroids extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as Websteroids, and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find unfamiliar entries, such as Websteroids, and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional)
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for Websteroids, or similar unfamiliar extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use