What is Wsearch?
WSearch is a potentially unwanted application, which belongs to the category of ‘browser hijackers’. Such programs are capable of modifying the part of system’s settings and then interrupting PC users with their misleading pop-up ads, redirects, slow downs and similar unwanted activities. Beware that these activities may interrupt you every time when you start your browsing sessions on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other web browsers. No matter how harmless they may look, you should keep in your mind that they may lead you to unsafe and very suspicious websites. Such sites may lead you to the infiltration of other potentially unwanted applications, such as adwares and browser hijackers. In addition, not everyone knows that browser hijackers may start tracking PC users and may collect information, which is related to their browsing habits. In most of the cases, they collect people's search terms, mostly visited websites, data that they enter when visiting them, etc. Please, do NOT ignore such facts! No matter that such information is considered to be personally non-identifiable, its loss may lead you to an increased amount of spam and similar issues.
To sum up, you should avoid all programs that belong to ‘adware’, 'browser hijacker' and similar categories. They may try to infiltrate computers in a bundle with freeware and shareware, so you may discover them on your computer even if you don't think about their installation. After infiltrating their target PC system, these programs may start causing continuous pop-up advertisements that may be filled with commercial links and similar content. However, they may also start initiating redirections on each of your web browsers and track you for getting more data about your browsing habits. If you noticed its annoying pop-up ads when browsing on the web, you should scan your PC with updated anti-spyware and remove WSearch. For that we recommend using SpyHunter (Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (Mac OS X).
HOW CAN WSearch hijack my computer?
WSearch is distributed using quite unfair distribution techniques. In most of the cases, you can unnoticeably download it in a bundle with free software and shareware. This is done for the only reason – monetization. If you want to prevent infiltration of WSearch or other freeware, you must carefully monitor installation process of the software you need to download and also read every sentence, which is displayed on installation windows. In addition, eliminate all unknown entries and conditions that may show up. If this program gets inside the system, it leaves its own BHO that affects Internet Explorer’s work. It starts showing its commercial pop-up ads every time you reboot your computer. If you see pop-up ads that belong to WSearch, you should check your PC for this application. Security experts recommend eliminating WSearch from the system without any delay.
HOW TO REMOVE WSEARCH virus?
If you have been seeing annoying pop-up ads or if you have been suffering from WSearch redirects, you should undoubtedly eliminate it because it initiates interruptions when browsing on the Internet and may cause privacy related issues. For that, follow these steps:WSearch properties:
• Shows commercial adverts
You can remove WSearch automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual WSearch Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall WSearch and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove WSearch from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove WSearch from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for WSearch or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove WSearch from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for WSearch or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove WSearch from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall WSearch from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove WSearch from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for WSearch and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete WSearch removal.
Remove WSearch from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select WSearch and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete WSearch removal.
Remove WSearch from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select WSearch and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete WSearch removal.
Remove WSearch from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for WSearch or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by WSearch, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete WSearch removal process.
Step 4: Complete WSearch removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of WSearch registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of WSearch
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.