Why does Search.searchtp.com redirect you to suspicious sites?
If you have experienced these redirects, most likely you have thought that your computer is affected by Search.searchtp.com virus. In reality, this program is not harmful, but no one can deny that it is a highly annoying one. We have analyzed this program and decided to assign it to “browser hijackers” list due to its questionable functionality. It goes without saying that it belongs to “potentially unwanted programs” list, too. It is recommended to keep computer free of this program; otherwise, you will be forced to experience Search.searchtp.com redirect issues, system slowdowns, and other problems that it can cause.
This search engine will appear in your browser in case you install Tracker Package extension. This extension can read and change all data on sites you visit, as well as manage your extensions, apps, and themes. It adds new homepage and search tool to the browser, which shows up immediately after user launches the web browser or a new tab. Do not be mistaken and do not think that this site offers a reliable search tool. It appears that it presents a lot of sponsored search outcomes, which are meant to point users to third-party websites. It is highly advisable to be very careful while using a search engine that advertises such sites, because after clicking on such paid search results you can be directed to sites that might be insecure. Let’s not forget the fact that the majority of unsafe websites are created to look secure; to avoid potential risks, we strongly recommend you to ignore invitations to update your programs or install new ones. In the worst scenario, you can allow installing a Trojan horse, and it is not a secret that such malicious programs spread around the Internet masqueraded as safe files. Beware of bogus Java Player, or Flash updates – these are the ones that usually distribute malicious files alongside them. We suggest installing software only from reputable sites.
Questions about Search.searchtp.com virus
We must note that this browser hijacker tracks your browsing preferences. Although it does not collect personal information, it can collect and store URLS that you visit, words that you enter into search engines, and similar information. The hijacker shares such information with third-parties for marketing purposes and later uses it to integrate sponsored content. If you do not want your search or browsing activity to be tracked, just remove Search.searchtp.com. You can delete it using a spyware elimination software, for instance, Reimage Reimage Cleaner , or eliminate it manually with a help of Search.searchtp.com removal guide that is provided at the end of this article.
How did I install this program?
There are two ways to install this program. You can download it from its official website, TrackerPackage(dot)com, or you can allow Search.searchtp.com hijack your computer without even knowing about it. The second situation can occur in case you rush to install PC programs without even modifying installation settings in a proper manner. It is a must to set either Advanced or Custom settings for your installation because then you can access the list of optional apps added to your download and refuse to install them. This list of optional components frequently include statements that grant permission to change browser settings, add toolbars, extensions, new search tools, and so on. Make sure you deselect such permissions, too!
Search.searchtp.com removal tips
To entirely remove Search.searchtp.com virus, you need to do two things. Please follow instructions provided below and delete components of this hijacker manually. In case you cannot remove them all, and also just to complete Search.searchtp.com removal successfully, run a system scan using spyware removal tool afterward. If you do not have one, you can choose one of the following programs that out team recommends:
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner . SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Search.searchtp.com virus, follow these steps:
Remove Search.searchtp.com from Windows systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Search.searchtp.com and related programs
Here, look for Search.searchtp.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Search.searchtp.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Eliminate Search.searchtp.com from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.searchtp.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Get rid of Search.searchtp.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Extension that you must remove is called Tracker Package. However, do not forget to check for other suspicious additions to your browser and delete the ones that you did not install by your choice.
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search.searchtp.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search.searchtp.com removal.
Uninstall Search.searchtp.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Once you enter Firefox Add-ons panel, go to Extensions and remove an extension called Tracker Package. Do not forget to delete other suspicious extensions as well.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.searchtp.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.searchtp.com removal.
Erase Search.searchtp.com from Google Chrome
Get rid of extension named Tracker Package, and also remove other suspicious add-ons as well.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.searchtp.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.searchtp.com removal.