Search.yourvidconverter.com virus Removal Guide
What is Search.yourvidconverter.com virus?
Search.yourvidconverter.com might bring computer-related issues rather than help convert video formats
Search.yourvidconverter.com functions as a fake search directory which claims that it helps to convert various video formats quickly. Despite the fact that it might seem useful, as it displays local weather, and provides shortcuts to websites that offer video conversion services, experts note that it is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) which aims to hijack users' browsers. People are advised to stay away from Your Video Converter Now extension presented in Chrome Web Store if they want to protect their computers from future cyber threats and receive impartial search results.
Even though so-called Search.yourvidconverter.com virus pretends to be a handy tool and spreads as a browser extension, it can also secretly sneak inside your computer with the help of a popular marketing scheme called bundling. Additionally, this potentially unwanted program operates as a browser hijacker which aims to take over most popular browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.
After Search.yourvidconverter.com hijack, it changes settings in these browsers to make hxxp://search.yourvidconverter.com/ appear on the browser’s startup. Unfortunately, most of the people find such browser alterations insignificant. However, it is wise to know that this potentially unwanted program continuously collects various details about its users.
BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO GRANT POLARITY PERMISSION TO COLLECT YOUR URLS AND SEARCH DATA, INCLUDING SEARCH QUERIES THAT MAY CONTAIN PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, SHARE THEM WITH THIRD PARTIES, AND USE SEARCH-RELATED COOKIES.
Also, note that Your Video Converter Now can not only share this information with third-parties posing serious danger to your privacy, but also exploit these details to customize ads which would attract you to click on them. The worst part is that the content of the websites to which advertisements redirect can be malware-laden and the contrivers of this browser hijacker do not take any responsibility for the potential damage to your computer.
If that is not enough, YourVidConverter provides biased search results. In other terms, it injects sponsored links in its search outcomes to lead you to affiliate websites. If the user clicks on such distorted search result, she/he gets redirected to a specific third-party site. Please be aware that such sites can be hazardous and attempt to trick you to download various material, for example, fake Java updates, or free apps containing more hidden PUPs.
Search.yourvidconverter.com virus functions as a fake search directory which might disrupt users during browsing sessions with redirects to shady pages and annoying ads.
Be aware that Search.yourvidconverter.com redirect tendency is only beneficial for its developers as they increase their revenue by employing pay-per-click marketing technique which is based on bringing the traffic to affiliate sites. Likewise, the more you click on the sponsored links or ads, the more revenue contrivers of this potentially unwanted program gets.
Additionally, it is wise to know that all promoted content on this fake search engine might be silently trying to force you to install a malicious file and is potentially dangerous to your computer's security. Before clicking on links, buttons, or ads on unfamiliar websites, please make sure that the site is entirely secure.
However, the better way to make sure that your computer is safe — remove Search.yourvidconverter.com right now. This way you will get rid of the annoying ads that might pop-up on your frequently visited pages and other advertising material. We can assure you that it is not only dangerous but also annoying as numerous ads can be extremely intrusive.
Once you uninstall Your Video Converter Now extension, you will be able to enjoy impartial search results which are relative to your query. You can use the manual elimination guidelines which are attached at the bottom of this article. However, trying to get rid of this browser hijacker manually will consume your time and patience.
For this reason, we suggest another way to complete Search.yourvidconverter.com removal faster — automatic uninstall of the unreliable extension. You merely need to download a professional antivirus software and run a full system scan. We highly recommend using ReimageIntego as it perfectly suits regular computer users.
Attention during software installation helps to prevent PUPs
One of the main ways how potentially unwanted programs enter users' systems is based on the fact that many people tend to rush though the installation of free applications and skip many steps. Since developers bundle browser hijackers and similar programs with freeware, they additionally hide them among optional components which can only be seen if the user is attentive during the installation.
Therefore, you can avoid potentially unwanted programs by not skipping steps and paying close attention during the procedure. In other terms, choose Advanced or Custom option for the installation setup and then search for extra components which are pre-selected without directly asking for your permission. It is essential to de-select all suspicious elements added to your download.
Make sure you do not pick Recommended or Quick settings of the installer because these contain pre-confirmed agreements to install all additions. Even worse, these parameters intentionally hide potentially unwanted programs installation by not even showing a notification or a message warning about the installation of additional programs.
You can uninstall Search.yourvidconverter.com virus both, manually and automatically
There are two ways how you can get rid of Search.yourvidconverter.com — manual and automatic elimination. However, it is vital to evaluate your IT skills before rushing to make decisions. Experts from NoVirus.uk warn that people with lack of IT knowledge should get help from a professional security software since it will not only save them time, but also protect from the potential dangers during the process.
Automatic Search.yourvidconverter.com removal requires getting a reliable antivirus. You can use one from the list below or pick one of your choice. However, be cautious of scammers who might offer expensive and ineffective malware removal tools online. Afterward, scan your computer and let it eliminate the browser hijacker.
For those who aim to remove Search.yourvidconverter.com manually, we suggest using the guide below. It will explain how to uninstall this potentially unwanted program and reset each of your browsers to the default settings. However, we ask you to pay close attention to each step during the procedure.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Getting rid of Search.yourvidconverter.com virus. Follow these steps
Remove Search.yourvidconverter.com from Windows systems
This guide is designed to help windows users who want to uninstall Search.yourvidconverter.com from their systems.
To remove Search.yourvidconverter.com virus from Windows 10/8 machines, please follow these steps:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find entries related to Search.yourvidconverter.com virus (or any other recently installed suspicious program).
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Erase Search.yourvidconverter.com from Mac OS X system
Remove Search.yourvidconverter.com virus from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for Search.yourvidconverter.com virus-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove Search.yourvidconverter.com virus, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to Search.yourvidconverter.com virus and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the Search.yourvidconverter.com virus-related entries.
Get rid of Search.yourvidconverter.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
It is vital to eliminate all Your Video Converter Now components from Mozilla Firefox to avoid reappearance of the browser hijacker in the future.
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select plugins that are related to Search.yourvidconverter.com virus and click Remove.
Reset the homepage:
- Click three horizontal lines at the top right corner to open the menu.
- Choose Options.
- Under Home options, enter your preferred site that will open every time you newly open the Mozilla Firefox.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Options.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
In case Search.yourvidconverter.com virus did not get removed after following the instructions above, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox – this should complete Search.yourvidconverter.com virus removal.
Eliminate Search.yourvidconverter.com from Google Chrome
The first thing to do to fix Chrome after hijack is to delete Your Video Converter Now extension. Later, reset the browser.
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to Search.yourvidconverter.com virus by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
Change your homepage:
- Click menu and choose Settings.
- Look for a suspicious site like Search.yourvidconverter.com virus in the On startup section.
- Click on Open a specific or set of pages and click on three dots to find the Remove option.
Reset Google Chrome:
If the previous methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the Search.yourvidconverter.com virus-components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings to complete Search.yourvidconverter.com virus removal.
Remove Search.yourvidconverter.com from Safari
Remove unwanted extensions from Safari:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- In the new window, pick Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extension related to Search.yourvidconverter.com virus and select Uninstall.
Clear cookies and other website data from Safari:
- Click Safari > Clear History…
- From the drop-down menu under Clear, pick all history.
- Confirm with Clear History.
Reset Safari if the above-mentioned steps did not help you:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- From the menu bar, click Develop, and then select Empty Caches.
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Search.yourvidconverter.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting Search.yourvidconverter.com virus
Stream videos without limitations, no matter where you are
There are multiple parties that could find out almost anything about you by checking your online activity. While this is highly unlikely, advertisers and tech companies are constantly tracking you online. The first step to privacy should be a secure browser that focuses on tracker reduction to a minimum.
Even if you employ a secure browser, you will not be able to access websites that are restricted due to local government laws or other reasons. In other words, you may not be able to stream Disney+ or US-based Netflix in some countries. To bypass these restrictions, you can employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN, which provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, not slowing you down in the process.
Data backups are important – recover your lost files
Ransomware is one of the biggest threats to personal data. Once it is executed on a machine, it launches a sophisticated encryption algorithm that locks all your files, although it does not destroy them. The most common misconception is that anti-malware software can return files to their previous states. This is not true, however, and data remains locked after the malicious payload is deleted.
While regular data backups are the only secure method to recover your files after a ransomware attack, tools such as Data Recovery Pro can also be effective and restore at least some of your lost data.