Search.yourvidconverter.com might bring computer-related issues rather than help convert video formats
Search.yourvidconverter.com functions as a fake search directory which claims that it helps to convert various video formats quickly. Despite the fact that it might seem useful, as it displays local weather, and provides shortcuts to websites that offer video conversion services, experts note that it is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) which aims to hijack users' browsers. People are advised to stay away from Your Video Converter Now extension presented in Chrome Web Store if they want to protect their computers from future cyber threats and receive impartial search results.
Even though so-called Search.yourvidconverter.com virus pretends to be a handy tool and spreads as a browser extension, it can also secretly sneak inside your computer with the help of a popular marketing scheme called bundling. Additionally, this potentially unwanted program operates as a browser hijacker which aims to take over most popular browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.
After Search.yourvidconverter.com hijack, it changes settings in these browsers to make hxxp://search.yourvidconverter.com/ appear on the browser’s startup. Unfortunately, most of the people find such browser alterations insignificant. However, it is wise to know that this potentially unwanted program continuously collects various details about its users.
Questions about Search.yourvidconverter.com virus
BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO GRANT POLARITY PERMISSION TO COLLECT YOUR URLS AND SEARCH DATA, INCLUDING SEARCH QUERIES THAT MAY CONTAIN PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, SHARE THEM WITH THIRD PARTIES, AND USE SEARCH-RELATED COOKIES.
Also, note that Your Video Converter Now can not only share this information with third-parties posing serious danger to your privacy, but also exploit these details to customize ads which would attract you to click on them. The worst part is that the content of the websites to which advertisements redirect can be malware-laden and the contrivers of this browser hijacker do not take any responsibility for the potential damage to your computer.
If that is not enough, YourVidConverter provides biased search results. In other terms, it injects sponsored links in its search outcomes to lead you to affiliate websites. If the user clicks on such distorted search result, she/he gets redirected to a specific third-party site. Please be aware that such sites can be hazardous and attempt to trick you to download various material, for example, fake Java updates, or free apps containing more hidden PUPs.
Search.yourvidconverter.com virus functions as a fake search directory which might disrupt users during browsing sessions with redirects to shady pages and annoying ads.
Be aware that Search.yourvidconverter.com redirect tendency is only beneficial for its developers as they increase their revenue by employing pay-per-click marketing technique which is based on bringing the traffic to affiliate sites. Likewise, the more you click on the sponsored links or ads, the more revenue contrivers of this potentially unwanted program gets.
Additionally, it is wise to know that all promoted content on this fake search engine might be silently trying to force you to install a malicious file and is potentially dangerous to your computer's security. Before clicking on links, buttons, or ads on unfamiliar websites, please make sure that the site is entirely secure.
However, the better way to make sure that your computer is safe — remove Search.yourvidconverter.com right now. This way you will get rid of the annoying ads that might pop-up on your frequently visited pages and other advertising material. We can assure you that it is not only dangerous but also annoying as numerous ads can be extremely intrusive.
Once you uninstall Your Video Converter Now extension, you will be able to enjoy impartial search results which are relative to your query. You can use the manual elimination guidelines which are attached at the bottom of this article. However, trying to get rid of this browser hijacker manually will consume your time and patience.
For this reason, we suggest another way to complete Search.yourvidconverter.com removal faster — automatic uninstall of the unreliable extension. You merely need to download a professional antivirus software and run a full system scan. We highly recommend using Reimage Reimage Cleaner as it perfectly suits regular computer users.
Attention during software installation helps to prevent PUPs
One of the main ways how potentially unwanted programs enter users' systems is based on the fact that many people tend to rush though the installation of free applications and skip many steps. Since developers bundle browser hijackers and similar programs with freeware, they additionally hide them among optional components which can only be seen if the user is attentive during the installation.
Therefore, you can avoid potentially unwanted programs by not skipping steps and paying close attention during the procedure. In other terms, choose Advanced or Custom option for the installation setup and then search for extra components which are pre-selected without directly asking for your permission. It is essential to de-select all suspicious elements added to your download.
Make sure you do not pick Recommended or Quick settings of the installer because these contain pre-confirmed agreements to install all additions. Even worse, these parameters intentionally hide potentially unwanted programs installation by not even showing a notification or a message warning about the installation of additional programs.
You can uninstall Search.yourvidconverter.com virus both, manually and automatically
There are two ways how you can get rid of Search.yourvidconverter.com — manual and automatic elimination. However, it is vital to evaluate your IT skills before rushing to make decisions. Experts from NoVirus.uk warn that people with lack of IT knowledge should get help from a professional security software since it will not only save them time, but also protect from the potential dangers during the process.
Automatic Search.yourvidconverter.com removal requires getting a reliable antivirus. You can use one from the list below or pick one of your choice. However, be cautious of scammers who might offer expensive and ineffective malware removal tools online. Afterward, scan your computer and let it eliminate the browser hijacker.
For those who aim to remove Search.yourvidconverter.com manually, we suggest using the guide below. It will explain how to uninstall this potentially unwanted program and reset each of your browsers to the default settings. However, we ask you to pay close attention to each step during the procedure.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner . SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Search.yourvidconverter.com virus, follow these steps:
Remove Search.yourvidconverter.com from Windows systems
This guide is designed to help windows users who want to uninstall Search.yourvidconverter.com from their systems.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Search.yourvidconverter.com and related programs
Here, look for Search.yourvidconverter.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Search.yourvidconverter.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Erase Search.yourvidconverter.com from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.yourvidconverter.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Uninstall Search.yourvidconverter.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search.yourvidconverter.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search.yourvidconverter.com removal.
Get rid of Search.yourvidconverter.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
It is vital to eliminate all Your Video Converter Now components from Mozilla Firefox to avoid reappearance of the browser hijacker in the future.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.yourvidconverter.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.yourvidconverter.com removal.
Eliminate Search.yourvidconverter.com from Google Chrome
The first thing to do to fix Chrome after hijack is to delete Your Video Converter Now extension. Later, reset the browser.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.yourvidconverter.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.yourvidconverter.com removal.
Remove Search.yourvidconverter.com from Safari
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Search.yourvidconverter.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Search.yourvidconverter.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Search.yourvidconverter.com removal process.