When Antivirus Scan is installed it will be configured to start automatically when you login to Windows. It will perform a fake system scan and detect numerous viruses but won't allow you to remove them until you purchase it. While the program is running you will also see a constant barrage of fake security alerts and warnings on your computer. These warnings will state that your computer is infected or that someone is trying to steal your passwords and credit card details. These alerts, like the fake infections, are just another attempt of the program to try and convince you that you are infected. What is more, Antivirus Scan will block security related programs and hijack Internet Explorer. It may redirect you to malicious websites or even download additional malware onto your computer.
If you are infected with this rogue, then please do not purchase it. Instead use the removal guide below to remove Antivirus Scan from your computer. We strongly recommend you to scan your computer with Spyware Doctor or any other reliable anti-spyware software because Antivirus Scan may come bundled with other malware as well.
When trying to eliminate Antivirus Scan, you may find yourself disabled from the Internet. Here are some special notes to bring it back:
1. Restart your computer. As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, tap "F8" key constantly. Use the arrow keys to highlight the "Safe Mode with Networking" option as shown in the image below, and then press ENTER.
2. Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
3. In the the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab. Then click on the LAN settings button.
4. Now you will see Local Area Network (LAN) settings window. Uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
5. Download an automatic removal tool from this page and run a full system scan. Or download it form alternative location.
Antivirus Scan properties:
• Changes browser settings
• Shows commercial adverts
• Connects itself to the internet
• Stays resident in background
Geolocation of Antivirus Scan
Comments on Antivirus Scan
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.