What is BetterSurf?
BetterSurf is a potentially unwanted program, which may become a totally annoying thing that is hiding in your PC system. Beware that it may infiltrate your computer without your permission asked; hijack each of your web browsers; alter your homepage/default search engine; start causing annoying ads and interrupt your browsing every time you start this activity. Besides, such programs like this one are capable of tracking PC users and collecting information, which is related to their browsing habits. In most of the cases, such programs are capable of collecting people's search terms, mostly visited websites, data that is entered, etc. If you see commercial advertisements from this service, it means that BetterSurf virus is hiding in your computer. As we have said, it is capable of infiltrating PC systems without people's awareness in a bundle with a third party software that is involved to such activity for trying to make some money. In this case, you should scan your computer with the reputable anti-spyware because BetterSurf redirects may trick you into visiting questionable websites that seek to increase their income, pagerank or visitors' traffic. Nevertheless, no one can guarantee that these links are checked properly and you won't be rerouted to insecure site that promotes malware. Please, be very careful with BetterSurf ads and, if you want to get rid of adware-type program, make sure that you check your computer with reputable anti-spyware. For that we highly recommend using SpyHunter.
HOW CAN BetterSurf hijack my computer?
BetterSurf is one of these programs that can either be downloaded from the Internet voluntarily or in a bundle with freeware and shareware. If you want to protect yourself, the first thing that you should do is to avoid such programs like this browser add-on. In addition, beware that it may also infiltrate your computer in a bundle with freeware and shareware. It is known that it can show up on your computer after installing 1ClickDownload, Superfish, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom, but there can be many other apps that are used to spread this potentially unwanted program(can also be found as PUP). Those who would like to know what exactly are they installing on their computers should remember one thing: you have to choose custom or advanced installation when downloading freeware to your machine. In addition, check the list of optional downloads and get rid of all of them. If you missed this checkmark that agrees to install BetterSurf, follow this guide and remove this program from the system. Otherwise, you may run into various issues that have already been explained. If you want to avoid redirects to unknown websites, slowdowns, annoying ads and other suspicious activities, you should use a guide below. We recommend selecting Automatic removal method that will help you to make sure that your computer is totally safe and all suspicious programs are gone for good.
HOW TO REMOVE BETTERSURF virus?
If you were tricked into installing BetterSurf virus on your computer and you want to remove it from there, you should follow these instructions:
You can remove BetterSurf automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual BetterSurf Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall BetterSurf and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove BetterSurf from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove BetterSurf from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for BetterSurf or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove BetterSurf from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for BetterSurf or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall BetterSurf from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove BetterSurf from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for BetterSurf and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete BetterSurf removal.
Remove BetterSurf from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select BetterSurf and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete BetterSurf removal.
Remove BetterSurf from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select BetterSurf and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete BetterSurf removal.
Remove BetterSurf from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for BetterSurf or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete BetterSurf removal process.
Step 3: Complete BetterSurf removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of BetterSurf registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of BetterSurf
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.