Also known as: BetterSurf Ads
Severity scale: (10 / 100)
BetterSurf is a potentially unwanted program, which may become a totally annoying thing that can hijack your homepage/default search engine and interrupt your browsing every time you start this activity. If you see commercial advertisements from this service, it means that your computer was affected by a third party software that is designed for money making. Beware that BetterSurf redirect seeks to make people visit specific domains and increase their visitors' traffic. However, noone can guarantee that these links are checked properly and you won't be rerouted to insecure site that promotes malware. Please, be very careful with BetterSurf ads and, if you want to get rid of browser hijacker, make sure that you check your computer with reputable anti-spyware..
HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD BetterSurf?
BetterSurf virus is propagated using typical distribution methods that rely on freeware and shareware. It is known that it can show up on your computer after installing 1ClickDownload, Superfish, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom, but there can be many other apps that spread this potentially unwanted program. Those who would like to know what exactly they are installing on their computers should remember one thing: you have to choose custom installation when downloading freeware on your machine. In addition, check the list of optional downloads and get rid of all of them. If you missed this checkmark that agrees to install BetterSurf, follow this guide and remove this program from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE BETTERSURF ADS?
If you were tricked into installing BetterSurf virus on your computer and you want to remove it from there, you should follow these instructions:
- Uninstall all programs that are related to BetterSurf:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for these entries: BetterSurf, LyricsViewer, LyricXeeker, Plus-HD 1.3, Browse2Save, WebCake 3.00, DownloadTerms 1.0, Allyrics, Feven 1.7, LyricsWoofer, LyricsFan, SimpleLyrics.
- Click 'Uninstall' and OK to save the changes.
- Fix each of your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall BetterSurf, LyricsViewer, LyricXeeker, Plus-HD 1.3, Browse2Save, WebCake 3.00, DownloadTerms 1.0, Allyrics, Feven 1.7, LyricsWoofer, LyricsFan, SimpleLyrics and any other unknown extension.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find BetterSurf, LyricsViewer, LyricXeeker, Plus-HD 1.3, Browse2Save, WebCake 3.00, DownloadTerms 1.0, Allyrics, Feven 1.7, LyricsWoofer, LyricsFan, SimpleLyrics and other entries that are unknown for you, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find BetterSurf, LyricsViewer, LyricXeeker, Plus-HD 1.3, Browse2Save, WebCake 3.00, DownloadTerms 1.0, Allyrics, Feven 1.7, LyricsWoofer, LyricsFan, SimpleLyrics and other unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.
- Finally, scan your PC with updated anti-spyware. For that we recommend using SpyHunter or STOPzilla.
Automatic BetterSurf removal:
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
We are testing STOPzilla's efficiency at removing BetterSurf
Malwarebytes Anti Malware
We are testing Malwarebytes Anti Malware's efficiency at removing BetterSurf
We are testing XoftSpySE Anti Spyware's efficiency at removing BetterSurf
We are testing Defender Pro Ultimate's efficiency at removing BetterSurf
what to do if you failed to remove the infection?
Help Line to remove BetterSurf
QR code for BetterSurf removal instructions:
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like BetterSurf are really hard to remove on infected computer.
you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall BetterSurf right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.
Removal guides in other languages
Information added: 2014-02-12 08:08:04
Information updated: 2014-02-12 08:08:04
Attention: If you know know a reputable website reated to security threats, please add a link here: add
Like us on Facebook
Latest spyware news:
Subscribe to spyware news