Bitlord is a potentially unwanted program, which can be included to 'adware' and 'browser hijacker' category. It seems that it has already initiated problems for many PC users that keep looking for a method that could help them remove this program from their computers. According to experts, Bitlord is mostly spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware, what explains why it has easily tricked thousands of PC users. As soon as it enter computers, this program affects all web browsers that are installed on the system and starts showing up everytime victims start browsing on the web. It also alters homepage to search.conduit.com and may initiate other unwanted activities.
HOW CAN Bitlord INFILTRATE MY COMPUTER?
Bitlord can be downloaded from the Internet just like any other application. However, it mostly gets inside its target PC systems in a bundle with freeware and shareware. If you found Bitlord Toolbar on your computer, it means that you agreed to install it when downloading other programs from the Internet. Beware that, no matter how trustworthy it looks, this program may start showing its commercial ads, initiate browser's redirections and track your browsing habits. This feature can easily lead you to the loss of your personal information and additional problems. That's why we don't recommend leaving Bitlord on your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE Bitlord?
If you noticed that Bitlord Toolbar affected your web browsers, you should waste no time and remove this program from the system. First of all, we recommend checking the system with updated anti-spyware and eliminating malicious files. This can be done with a help of Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or any other reputable anti-spyware. In addition, you should uninstall Bitlord Toolbar and fix your browsers:
- Uninstall this program via Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Bitlord Toolbar, ValueApps, Search Protect by Conduit, Conduit and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Remove Bitlord add-on from IE and Mozilla Firefox browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Bitlord Toolbar, Search Protect by Conduit and other entries that may be unknown for you.
Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before instead of Conduit Search.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Bitlord Toolbar, Search Protect by Conduit and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Bitlord Toolbar, Conduit Apps and other unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- No click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.