Contenko is a potentially unwanted program, which may initiate various issues for PC users. In most of the cases, they report about unwanted discovery of Contenko.com instead of their homepage and default search engine or commercial pop-up ads that show up every time they start their browsing. While it may seem that your homepage was replaced by a normal search site, we can't guarantee that you will receive trustworthy search results. In most of the cases, this search engine returns altered search results that promote related websites or shows paid ads in the first place. That's why we always recommend relying only on such reputable search engines as Google, Yahoo or Bing. Besides, you should remove Contenko from your machine if you want to stop previously mentioned activities.
HOW CAN CONTENKO INFILTRATE MY COMPUTER?
You may discover Contenko on your computer after installing freeware or shareware, such as various PDF creators, download managers, video converters and similar software. In order to avoid that, you have to monitor installation process of such programs. If you fail to do that, you may also discover this unfair search engine on your PC one day. Once it enters computer, Contenko occupies all Internet browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari, and starts its annoying routine. Once again, we can't call this program virus because it doesn't harm computers. However, you shouldn't trust this search results because it seeks the only thing - collect sales.
HOW TO REMOVE CONTENKO?
If you noticed redirections to Contenko.com, it means that Contenko is inside your computer. For eliminating this potentially unwanted program from the system, you should follow this guide:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Contenko, Lemur Leap, Outobox, WonderBrowse, Spring Smart, Kozaka and other unknown entries, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Remove Contenko add-on from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for Contenko and other unknown extensions, and click 'uninstall'.
- After that, change the start page to get rid of dosearches.com.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Contenko and other unknown entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Once you do that, don't forget to change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for Contenko and other unknown entries, and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- After that, change the settings of your start page.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
QR code for Contenko removal instructions:
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like Contenko are really hard to remove on infected computer.
you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall Contenko right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.