What is Discount Buddy?
Discount Buddy can be called a potentially unwanted program and an adware because this program is the one that may start showing annoying ads during your browsing. In addition, after clicking any of its notifications, it may try to redirect you to its affiliate websites that are mostly trying to increase their page rank or sales. However, before clicking any of Discount Buddy ads you should realize that they are displayed for a reason. In reality, by showing such ads, the developers of Discount Buddy are seeking to promote predetermined websites and help them to increase their popularity. So, you can never know what website you can be forced to visit by Discount Buddy adware and what expectations it has. Beware that it may trick you into purchasing needless things or may even try to trick you into downloading other suspicious programs to your computer.
If you have already noticed Discount Buddy ads while browsing on the Internet, you should know about the infiltration method that is used by this program. Typically, it infiltrates the system behind people's back and then displays its coupon ads, advertisements about the latest promotions and sponsored links during their browsing. Of course, we can't claim that each of ads that claims that Discount Buddy ads are capable of helping you to find great deals while shopping on Ebay, Amazon, Walmart and similar websites is useless. However, we haven't managed to find a person who saved a dollar with a help of them. Besides, this program can easily start interrupting you on every browser you use and may show its pop-up ads or underlined words on every website you enter. Be aware that this is done for monetization purposes only and can be stopped by uninstalling Discount Buddy from the system. If you want to remove Discount Buddy from the system, you need to scan it with SpyHunter, Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or other reputable anti-spyware.
HOW CAN Discount Buddy hijack MY PC?
Users start noticing Discount Buddy's advertisements once it gets inside the system. There are two methods for getting this program on the PC. First one includes manual installation, when user desides that he needs this program on his computer. However, there is also another way how Discount Buddy gets inside the PC and it's not as peaceful as the previous one. This adware can also be downloaded in a bundle with other programs that have it included to their components list. So, you should always select custom installation option and remove checkboxes for unwanted programs when installing freeware or shareware.
The main thing that doesn't impress about this program is that it may start collecting data about your browsing habits and then send it to its owners. Besides, it becomes really annoying when Discount Buddy starts appearing on every browser it finds installed on the machine.
HOW TO REMOVE DISCOUNT BUDDY?
You can uninstall this program thru Add/Remove Programs list or with the help of updated anti-spyware. For that you can use any of programs that are given below:
You can remove Discount Buddy automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Discount Buddy Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Discount Buddy and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Discount Buddy or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Discount Buddy or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Discount Buddy from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Discount Buddy and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Discount Buddy removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Discount Buddy and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Discount Buddy removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Discount Buddy and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Discount Buddy removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Discount Buddy or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Discount Buddy removal process.
Step 3: Complete Discount Buddy removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Discount Buddy registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Discount Buddy
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.