What is Linkury SmartBar?
Linkury SmartBar is not a virus or malware that could pose harm to computers or the data of their owners. However, its name has already got a negative label in various security forums. The most important reason why people are calling this toolbar 'virus' is that it is spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware, and sometimes it seems that it appeared on the system using the same way as viruses do. However, today we can assure you that Linkury SmartBar is safe and harmless. Its downsides are its distribution method and annoying activity, which relies on commercial pop-up notifications, redirects to affiliate websites, slowdowns and similar activity. We don't recommend ignoring that because you may be tricked into visiting a really suspicious website, which is used for spreading adwares, browser hijackers and other PUPs. In addition, just like other adwares, this program may start tracking you and your activity on the Internet. It may collect your search terms, mostly visited websites, data that you enter on each of these websites and similar things. While such information is not considered 'personally identifiable' you should be very careful with that. In order to avoid Linkury SmartBar and its pop-up ads, redirects, tracking and similar activities, you should pay more attention to freeware's installation. However, you can get rid of its commercial pop-up ads only by removing this application from the system. If it has already showed up on your computer, you should run a full system scan with SpyHunter and remove Linkury SmartBar virus with just a one click.
How can Linkury SmartBar hijack my computer?
Linkury SmartBar can be easily installed on computer from such sites as cnet, linkury.org and similar. These sites are harmless, so you can trust them without any hesitations. However, this toolbar can also come on your PC bundled with other programs. This distribution method is very popular among such programs as toolbars, search engines and similar applications. It's not malicious but it can definitely be called unfair. In order to prevent Linkury SmartBar infiltration, you should choose only Custom or Advanced installation method when downloading freeware from the web. If it gets inside, it automatically installs its add-on to Google Chrome, IE and Mozilla Firefox browsers, and starts offering its services. According to users, this program returns trustworthy search results. However, it may bother you because of its commercial pop-up notifications. If you decided that you don't want to see them anymore, you will need to remove Linkury SmartBar from the system. For that you can either select Manual removal step or automatic removal method. This method is easier and faster, so you we recommend you to select this Linkury SmartBar removal option.
HOW TO REMOVE Linkury SmartBar virus?
Linkury SmartBar is not malicious and, if you like to use it, that's OK, you can leave it on your PC. However, if you decided to get rid of this toolbar, you can do that with a help of these steps:
You can remove Linkury SmartBar automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Linkury SmartBar Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall Linkury SmartBar and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Linkury SmartBar from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Linkury SmartBar from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Linkury SmartBar or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Linkury SmartBar from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Linkury SmartBar or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Linkury SmartBar from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove Linkury SmartBar from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Linkury SmartBar and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Linkury SmartBar removal.
Remove Linkury SmartBar from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Linkury SmartBar and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Linkury SmartBar removal.
Remove Linkury SmartBar from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Linkury SmartBar and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Linkury SmartBar removal.
Remove Linkury SmartBar from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Linkury SmartBar or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Linkury SmartBar removal process.
Step 3: Complete Linkury SmartBar removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Linkury SmartBar registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Linkury SmartBar
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.