Linkury SmartBar is not a virus or malware that could pose harm for computers or their owners. However, its name has already got a negative label in various security forums. The most important reason why people are calling this toolbar 'virus' is because it had been involved to the distribution of spyware. However, today we can assure you that Linkury SmartBar is safe and harmless. The only its downsides are its distribution method and annoying activity, which relies on commercial pop-up notifications. In order to avoid Linkury SmartBar's installation and appearance on each of your browsers, you should pay more attention to freeware's installation. However, you can get rid of its commercial pop-up ads only by removing Linkury SmartBar from the system.
How can Linkury SmartBar appear on my PC?
Linkury SmartBar can be easily installed on computer from such sites as cnet, linkury.org and similar. These sites are harmless, so you can trust them without any hesitations. However, this toolbar can also come on your PC bundled with other programs. This distribution method is very popular among such programs as toolbars, search engines and similar applications. It's not malicious but it can definitely be called unfair. In order to prevent Linkury SmartBar infiltration, you should choose only Custom or Advanced installation method when downloading freeware from the web. If it gets inside, it automatically installs its add-on to Google Chrome, IE and Mozilla Firefox browsers, and starts offering its services. According to users, this program returns trustworthy search results. However, it may bother you because of its commercial pop-up notifications. If you decided that you don't want to see them anymore, you will need to remove Linkury SmartBar from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE Linkury SmartBar?
Linkury SmartBar is not malicious and, if you like to use it, that's OK, you can leave it on your PC. However, if you decided to get rid of this toolbar, you can do that with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Linkury SmartBar and other recently installed freeware.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
Now reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.
Finally, scan your computer with reputable anti-spyware, such as STOPzilla or SpyHunter. It will help you to make sure that your computer is totally clean.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use