What is Outfox TV?
Outfox TV is NOT a virus or malware. However, you should know that this program has been accused for various annoying and suspicious activities. This has encouraged some of security vendors to include it to 'potentially unwanted program' (also known as PUP) or 'adware' categories. The first and the most important thing that should be remembered about this application is that it may infiltrate your PC in a bundle with other free downloads. So, you may be surprised after detecting it on your machine and may also start thinking that it hijacked it just like viruses do. In reality, it has nothing to do with infiltration methods that are used by cyber threats. People just agree to install it on their computers because they don't bother to monitor installation of the freeware. That's why you should always check what programs are you installing and what attachments are offered in a bundle with them. If you would leave the checkmark saying 'Save Outfox.TV as a tab in web browser' or 'Show Desktop Launchbar on startup', you can easily let outfox.tv hijack your web browser. In fact, it may easily settle down on each of your web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. In addition to that, you may notice continuous pop-up notifications during your browsing. This activity can't harm computer and can't lead it to the infiltration of malware. However, it may easily disturb your browsing on the web. After clicking on any of Outfox TV ads, you may be redirected to its official website or predetermined site that seeks to increase its page rank, visitors' number or sales. If you don't want to visit unknown websites and want to avoid Outfox TV redirects, you should remove this program from the system. You can do that with a help of manual removal guide, which is given below, or with a help of SpyHunter. This is especially recommended if Outfox TV virus has appeared on your PC system without a clear permission asked.
How can Outfox TV appear on my computer?
You can download this program from its official website outfox.tv. However, it should also be remembered that there are many other applications that are used to spread it without asking an appropriate permission. In order to avoid such downloads like this one, you should start paying more attention to freeware's installation process. This can be easily done by choosing a Custom or Advanced installation and unchecking such and similar check marks as 'I agree to install Outfox TV on my computer'. If this program gets there, it typically drops its own side bar, which provides the list of various TV channel streams. In addition to this, Outfox TV virus may also start displaying commercial ads, modify your homepage and initiate similar activities.
How to remove Outfox TV?
If you noticed Outfox TV redirect on your computer and you are sure that you want to remove it from it, you can visit outfox.tv/uninstall or use these steps:
You can remove Outfox TV automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Outfox TV from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Outfox TV from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Outfox TV from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Outfox TV from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Outfox TV from Safari
Remove Outfox TV from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Outfox TV from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Outfox TV or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Outfox TV from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Outfox TV or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Outfox TV from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Outfox TV and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Outfox TV removal.
Remove Outfox TV from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Outfox TV and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Outfox TV removal.
Remove Outfox TV from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Outfox TV and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Outfox TV removal.
Remove Outfox TV from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Outfox TV or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Outfox TV removal process.
Complete Outfox TV removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Outfox TV registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Outfox TV
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Outfox TV
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.