What is Searchiu.com?
Searchiu.com is a questionable search engine, which has become quite popular at the moment as it has been added to various freewares and sharewares as an optional component. If you don't like to monitor or if you simply do not know how could you do that, you should keep in mind that there are thousands of different apps that can be used for tricking you into changing your start page or the default search engine. In order to prevent this, you should monitor installation of every freeware by selecting custom or advanced installation option. After doing so, you should also make sure that you uncheck all questionable check marks that allow system changes and installation of browser add-ons/extensions/plugins. Otherwise, you may agree with such claims as 'MakeSearchiu.com my start page' or 'Make Searchiu.com my default search engine'.
If this browser hijacker manages to infiltrate your computer, the first thing that it tries to initiate are changes on each of your web browsers. After doing so, it may start causing annoying redirects on these browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and other browsers. Of course, the most of these redirections can be stopped by simply leading the website that is promoted with a help of such technique. However, there is no guarantee that you won't be rerouted to a suspicious website that is used for spreading questionable apps. All this activity is done for a simple reason - trying to make some money. However, if you don't want to receive altered search results and start suffering from annoying redirects, you should avoid Searchiu.com hijacker. You can get rid of this program with a help of a guide below or by running a full system scan with Reimage.
How can Searchiu.com hijack my computer?
As we have mentioned, Searchiu.com virus is caused by browser hijacker, which can arrive together with infected downloads. Such downloads might be torrent files, various free updates, media codecsand similar. Once it gets inside the system, it alters DNS settings in all browsers installed so that it could redirect its victim to searchiu.com no matter what url is entered. As a result, searchiu.com virus starts rerouting all your search sessions and makes you visit unwanted websites. Some experts claim that such viruses firstly track user's browsing habits in order to know more about his/hers interests and show relevant search results. As you can see, keeping such infections is really dangerous, so you must remove searchiu.com virus from your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE Searchiu.com virus?
If you have found Searchiu.com instead your home page and search engine, and you want to remove it, you should firstly check your Control Panel for unfamiliar applications and remove them from it. If this hasn't been helpful to stop redirections to Searchiu.com, you should use automated antivirus tools. This is the easiest way to remove viruses like Searchiu.com virus. So, we recommend choosing Reimage, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware and doing a full system scan if you want to get rid of this threat automatically.
You can remove Searchiu.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Searchiu.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Searchiu.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Searchiu.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Searchiu.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Searchiu.com from Safari
Remove Searchiu.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Searchiu.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Searchiu.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Searchiu.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Searchiu.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Searchiu.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Searchiu.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Searchiu.com removal.
Remove Searchiu.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Searchiu.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Searchiu.com removal.
Remove Searchiu.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Searchiu.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Searchiu.com removal.
Remove Searchiu.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Searchiu.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Searchiu.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Searchiu.com removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Searchiu.com virus
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.