What is WeDownload Manager?
WeDownload Manager is one of these potentially unwanted applications that can affect all Internet browsers that are installed on the system without a clear permission asked. This is done by dropping a suspicious browser add-on on each of web browsers. No, this program is not a virus but it may also initiate various suspicious activities behind your back, such as tracking of your browsing activity, showing annoying pop-up advertisements during your browsing and initiating redirections to unknown websites. Mostly, WeDownload Manager makes people visit related sites that seek to increase their page rank or sales with a help of such suspicious technique. However, there is no guarantee that after clicking on one of these sponsored advertisements that are filled with sponsored links you won't be redirected to unknown and very suspicious websites. However, the main reason why people started discussing about WeDownload Manager is that it has ability to show up on computer without a clear permission asked. In reality, its distribution relies on other programs that are typically spread on the Internet for free. If you want to prevent its infiltration, you have to be very careful when downloading software to your computer because almost every free application is filled with optional components. If you are one of these people who have been tricked into installing WeDownload Manager (you can say that from the appearance of 'ads by WeDownload Manager' and similar pop-up notifications), you should remove it without any delay. For that we recommend two different programs: SpyHunter or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus.
HOW CAN WeDownload Manager hijack my computer?
WeDownload Manager ads are caused by a web browser plugin, which can be downloaded to the system even without user's awareness. That's because it is known that this promoted not only with a help of download managers. Beware that it can also enter your computer without a clear permission asked. Its distribution mostly relies on freeware and shareware, so you should be very careful when downloading such programs as download managers, PDF creators, video streaming software and others to your computer. Remember, the easiest way to avoid WeDownload Manager adware and other potentially unwanted programs is to uncheck the check box that offers installing this application on your computer. This can be done by selecting Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and then following every installation step of it. If We Download Manager hijacks the system, it may initiate several changes on it that may additionally cause browser's redirections and system slow downs on each of web browsers. No matter that WeDownload Manager is not a virus, it may be blamed for several unfair activities, such as tracking of people's browsing activity on the Internet and collecting data that is related to their browsing habits. In order to avoid this, you should remove this program from your computer. For that you should follow a guide below.
HOW TO REMOVE WeDownload Manager virus?
If you want to remove WeDownload Manager, you can use automated security applications for that or manual removal steps:
You can remove WeDownload Manager automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual WeDownload Manager Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall WeDownload Manager and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove WeDownload Manager from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove WeDownload Manager from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for WeDownload Manager or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove WeDownload Manager from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for WeDownload Manager or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall WeDownload Manager from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove WeDownload Manager from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for WeDownload Manager and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete WeDownload Manager removal.
Remove WeDownload Manager from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select WeDownload Manager and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete WeDownload Manager removal.
Remove WeDownload Manager from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select WeDownload Manager and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete WeDownload Manager removal.
Remove WeDownload Manager from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for WeDownload Manager or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete WeDownload Manager removal process.
Step 3: Complete WeDownload Manager removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of WeDownload Manager registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of WeDownload Manager
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.