ZenSearch.com is not a virus or malware. It's just an ordinary search engine, which is mostly distributed in a bundle with free downloads. You can also agree to install this program on your computer if you don't pay enough attention to freeware's installation process. As soon as ZenSearch.com enters computer, it shows up instead of the start page or default search engine. After that, user is forced to use it every time he/she starts browsing on the Internet. No matter that it looks trustworthy, this search engine may return altered search results and show commercial notifications during your browsing. That's why we recommend relying on more reputable search sites, such as Google, Yahoo or Bing.
How can ZenSearch.com infiltrate my computer?
ZenSearch.com can be downloaded from such reputable search sites as CNET, Brothersoft or Softonic. However, you can also download this program on your computer in a bundle with freeware and shareware. This method is quite popular among such search engines but it can be avoided by paying an appropriate amount of attention to freeware's installation process. We always recommend choosing custom or advanced installation and unchecking these checkboxes that claim that you agree to make ZenSearch.com your start page or default search engine. If you missed that check box, you can notice browser's redirections, commercial notifications and similar issues on your computer.
How to remove ZenSearch.com?
ZenSearch.com can be removed from the system with a help of these steps:
- Uninstall this program via Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for ZenSearch and other recently installed applications, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Remove ZenSearch add-on from IE and Mozilla Firefox browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find ZenSearch and similar entries, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- No click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.
TIP: scan your computer with updated anti-spyware and make sure that it is free of this virus. We recommend using SpyHunter or STOPzilla.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
QR code for ZenSearch.com removal instructions:
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like ZenSearch.com are really hard to remove on infected computer.
you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall ZenSearch.com right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.