What is the reason to remove ZenSearch.com virus?
In fact, there are a few reasons to initiate ZenSearch.com removal as soon as possible. This program is known as ZenSearch.com redirect virus or a browser hijacker, because it falls into potentially unwanted programs’ (PUP) category. Despite the fact that it is not malicious, computer users who install it tend to call it a virus, although technically that is not true. This application is designed to promote one search engine, which seems to be secure at the first sight. You should not fall into believing that it is jus a regular search engine since its primary purpose is to advertise affiliate websites and adjust its search results by adding links to these sites.
In other words, you are going to receive a lot of sponsored outcomes with your search results, and if you are looking for particular information, these ads can annoy you. If you tried to remove this web page from your browser, you would notice that it is not that easy. You should also take into account that switching the web browser that you use isn’t going to help you to avoid this website as well, since this hijacker can affect all the main Internet browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and also Safari. The only way to remove ZenSearch.com is to uninstall the browser hijacker that controls your web browsers. You can try to get rid of it manually, but our recommendation is to use a professional spyware removal program like Reimage.
ZenSearch.com redirects may occur whenever you click on any of the search results, even if they do not have the “Ads” mark next to them. They can lead you to gaming, gambling, or other questionable websites that might present insecure content or even pose a threat to your computer system. Of course, we do not say that each of redirects is associated with shady parties and can cause danger to you, but it is better to be safe than sorry. We recommend you to think twice before clicking on “download” buttons, because overall, downloading software from unknown websites is a quite dangerous thing to do. You should bypass offers to update Java or Flash Players since bogus updates often contain infectious files that can severely mess up your computer system. Please, be careful as you browse the Internet, and try not to reveal any of your personal information on unfamiliar web pages, too.
How can this hijacker infiltrate my computer?
This PUP can be downloaded from file sharing sites in a bundle with freeware and shareware. This software distribution method is quite popular among developers of potentially unwanted software, but you can avoid installing such programs by paying an appropriate amount of attention to freeware's installation process. We always recommend choosing Custom or Advanced installation method and unchecking these checkboxes that claim that you agree to make the aforementioned web page your start page or default search engine. If you missed that check box, you probably can notice browser's redirections, commercial notifications and similar issues on your computer now.
How to remove ZenSearch.com?
To remove this profoundly annoying application from your computer, you either need to carry out ZenSearch.com removal instructions that are provided below. If you cannot stand spending time following instructions and if you would like to find an easier way to remove ZenSearch.com virus, then we suggest installing an automatic spyware removal program and scanning your PC with it. This way, you will eliminate not only this browser hijacker but also all other variants of spyware and malware from your PC at once. We suggest using Reimage software to scan your computer.
You can remove ZenSearch.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove ZenSearch.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove ZenSearch.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove ZenSearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove ZenSearch.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove ZenSearch.com from Safari
Remove ZenSearch.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove ZenSearch.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for ZenSearch.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove ZenSearch.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for ZenSearch.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove ZenSearch.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for ZenSearch.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete ZenSearch.com removal.
Remove ZenSearch.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select ZenSearch.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete ZenSearch.com removal.
Remove ZenSearch.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select ZenSearch.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete ZenSearch.com removal.
Remove ZenSearch.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for ZenSearch.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by ZenSearch.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete ZenSearch.com removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Comments on ZenSearch.com
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.