Blasteroids adware Removal Guide
What is Blasteroids adware?
Blasteroids is an application that offers you the opportunity to play a well-known arcade game (the game is also called Blasteroids) in your browser. Unfortunately, there are a couple of drawbacks that this program has. First of all, many security vendors are labelling Blasteroids as a potential threat and an adware. In other words, this application may flood you with annoying advertisements and force you to see them everywhere you go. Secondly, this potentially unwanted program (PUP) may track your online activities, such as what websites you visit and what search queries you type. Usually, this information is used for various commercial reasons. However, we can not guarantee that this data will not be used for wrong reasons.
How can Blasteroids hijack my computer?
Blasteroids has a download website. Therefore, it is not difficult to download it by your own consent. However, there is also another way how this program may infiltrate your computer without asking for your permission. This distribution method is called bundling. In fact, Blasteroids virus may end up on your computer right after installing a doubtful freeware. This application is not the only adware that travels this way. Internet is filled with similar ad-supported extensions. Therefore, you should always keep your guard up and try to avoid these unwanted programs. If you are willing to check every single program that you want to install, you should easily avoid Blastroids virus without even breaking a sweat. Sadly, sometimes it is possible to overlook such attachment and install it unintentionally. If that happens, you should read the removal tutorial down below.
How to remove Blasteroids adware from my computer?
If you follow these simple instructions, you should have no trouble removing this unwanted program and stop Blasteroids ads from appearing. However, in order to protect your computer all the time, you should use a reliable anti-spyware program.
- Remove Blasteroids from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Blasteroids, SaverAddon, SupTab, WebSaver, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re- LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as Blasteroids.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.
How to prevent from getting adware
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address.
If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for the server or network manager that needs to monitor connections and activities. VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world.
Recover files after data-affecting malware attacks
While much of the data can be accidentally deleted due to various reasons, malware is one of the main culprits that can cause loss of pictures, documents, videos, and other important files. More serious malware infections lead to significant data loss when your documents, system files, and images get encrypted. In particular, ransomware is is a type of malware that focuses on such functions, so your files become useless without an ability to access them.
Even though there is little to no possibility to recover after file-locking threats, some applications have features for data recovery in the system. In some cases, Data Recovery Pro can also help to recover at least some portion of your data after data-locking virus infection or general cyber infection.