Blasteroids is an application that offers you the opportunity to play a well-known arcade game (the game is also called Blasteroids) in your browser. Unfortunately, there are a couple of drawbacks that this program has. First of all, many security vendors are labelling Blasteroids as a potential threat and an adware. In other words, this application may flood you with annoying advertisements and force you to see them everywhere you go. Secondly, this potentially unwanted program (PUP) may track your online activities, such as what websites you visit and what search queries you type. Usually, this information is used for various commercial reasons. However, we can not guarantee that this data will not be used for wrong reasons.
How can Blasteroids hijack my computer?
Blasteroids has a download website. Therefore, it is not difficult to download it by your own consent. However, there is also another way how this program may infiltrate your computer without asking for your permission. This distribution method is called bundling. In fact, Blasteroids virus may end up on your computer right after installing a doubtful freeware. This application is not the only adware that travels this way. Internet is filled with similar ad-supported extensions. Therefore, you should always keep your guard up and try to avoid these unwanted programs. If you are willing to check every single program that you want to install, you should easily avoid Blastroids virus without even breaking a sweat. Sadly, sometimes it is possible to overlook such attachment and install it unintentionally. If that happens, you should read the removal tutorial down below.
How to remove Blasteroids adware from my computer?
If you follow these simple instructions, you should have no trouble removing this unwanted program and stop Blasteroids ads from appearing. However, in order to protect your computer all the time, you should use a reliable anti-spyware program.
- Remove Blasteroids from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Blasteroids, SaverAddon, SupTab, WebSaver, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re- LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as Blasteroids.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.