Happydayz@india.com virus Removal Guide
What is Happydayz@india.com ransomware virus?
Happydayz@india.com virus – a new variant of Globe3 ransomware
Happydayz@india.com virus belongs to the huge family of Globe ransomware. All viruses in this group share similar features and distribution techniques. The recent malware seems to be a new version of Globe3 ransomware which has been defeated recently. It mostly infiltrates the system via malicious email attachment and encrypts files using the sophisticated algorithm. During data encryption, it appends the .happydayzz file extension to each targeted document, audio, video, music or other file or databases. This group of ransomware is known to attack the most popular and widely used file types in order to cause more damage and encourage victims to pay the ransom. Once all personal data is secured with the strong algorithm, Happydayz@india.com ransomware drops a ransom note called “How To Recover Encrypted files.hta. Click on this HTA  file launches the window with a ransom-demanding message. Developers of the ransomware are laconic and only tells to contact them via email to get more information about data recovery possibilities. Sadly, Happydayz@india.com removal won’t help to restore encrypted files. However, contacting cyber criminals and following their orders may not be beneficial as well.
The main goal for the developers of the ransomware is to swindle the money from the threatened computer users. Hence, developers of Happydayz@india.com virus also suggest taking a risky deal. For data decryption key they ask to transfer some Bitcoins. The size of the ransom may vary from 0.5 to 1.5 Bitcoins. If you do not have data backups, you may find this deal the only option to get back access to your personal files. However, no one can guarantee that you can rely on hackers’ words. After receiving the payment, they may forget their promises or may provide insecure or inactive decryption software. As a result, you may spend few hundreds of dollars for nothing. Nevertheless, an official decryptor for Happydayz@india.com malware hasn’t been released yet; we highly recommend not paying the ransom. When you learn about ransomware attack, you should focus on its removal. While malware resides on the system, your computer is attractive for other malware, and you may encounter various privacy-related issues. Reputable antivirus or malware removal program (e.g., ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner) will help to remove Happydayz@india.com virus and protect your PC from other problems.
Happydayz@india.com virus is a new variant of Globe3 ransomware virus.
How does the virus spread?
Just like other members of the Globe family, Happydayz@india.com ransomware mostly launches its malicious campaigns with a help of spam email attachments. The developers of the ransomware are creative and think about numerous ways how to fool computer users. They might pretend to be from banks, governmental institutions or social media networks and inform about serious issues. Most of the time these emails are full of mistakes and express the urge to open attached Word or PDF document. However, Happydayz@india.com hijack might also occur when browsing through insecure websites, using file-sharing networks and installing bogus software. Hence, if you want to avoid ransomware attack, you should watch your every step online and take all necessary precautions.
Happydayz@india.com removal procedure
Losing access to the files might be a threatening experience; however, it’s important to stay sane and concentrate on Happydayz@india.com removal. Nevertheless, deleting the virus won’t recover encrypted files; it’s crucial to perform this procedure. While ransomware resides on the system, both your computer and personal privacy is at risk. Hence, it’s better not to risk to encounter bigger problems and remove Happydayz@india.com as soon as it steps inside. Malware removal requires installing one of these programs and scanning computer’s system: ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes. If virus prevents you from installing the software, reboot your computer to the Safe Mode as shown below. When in Safe Mode, you should be able to install your chosen program, update it and scan the system. Once the virus is gone, you can restore your files from backups or use additional recovery methods presented below.
Getting rid of Happydayz@india.com virus. Follow these steps
Manual removal using Safe Mode
If ransomware prevents you from installing antivirus or anti-malware software, reboot your computer to the Safe Mode and try again.
Manual removal guide might be too complicated for regular computer users. It requires advanced IT knowledge to be performed correctly (if vital system files are removed or damaged, it might result in full Windows compromise), and it also might take hours to complete. Therefore, we highly advise using the automatic method provided above instead.
Step 1. Access Safe Mode with Networking
Manual malware removal should be best performed in the Safe Mode environment.
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click on Start button and select Settings.
- Scroll down to pick Update & Security.
- On the left side of the window, pick Recovery.
- Now scroll down to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Now press 5 or click 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Shut down suspicious processes
Windows Task Manager is a useful tool that shows all the processes running in the background. If malware is running a process, you need to shut it down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes section, and look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the process, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check program Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Go to Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious program and pick Disable.
Step 4. Delete virus files
Malware-related files can be found in various places within your computer. Here are instructions that could help you find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive you want to clean (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in).
- Scroll through the Files to delete list and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Remove Happydayz@india.com using System Restore
System Restore method may help to initiate automatic Happydayz@india.com removal as well.
Step 1: Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift, which is on your keyboard, and click Restart..
- Now select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and finally press Restart.
- Once your computer becomes active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2: Restore your system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter.
- Now type rstrui.exe and press Enter again..
- When a new window shows up, click Next and select your restore point that is prior the infiltration of Happydayz@india.com. After doing that, click Next.
- Now click Yes to start system restore.
Bonus: Recover your dataGuide which is presented above is supposed to help you remove Happydayz@india.com from your computer. To recover your encrypted files, we recommend using a detailed guide prepared by 2-spyware.com security experts.
If your files are encrypted by Happydayz@india.com, you can use several methods to restore them:
Try Data Recovery Pro to restore files encrypted by Happydayz@india.com ransomware virus
If you do not have data backups, Data Recovery Pro may help you to recover at least some of the encrypted files. This tool is designed to restore corrupted or deleted files. Follow these steps to use it:
- Download Data Recovery Pro;
- Follow the steps of Data Recovery Setup and install the program on your computer;
- Launch it and scan your computer for files encrypted by Happydayz@india.com ransomware;
- Restore them.
Windows Previous Versions feature may help to recover files encrypted by Happydayz@india.com ransomware
This method allows travelling back in computer’s time and accessing previously saved copies of the encrypted files. Following the steps below you can copy individual files. However, this method only works if System Restore function was enabled before the ransomware attack.
- Find an encrypted file you need to restore and right-click on it;
- Select “Properties” and go to “Previous versions” tab;
- Here, check each of available copies of the file in “Folder versions”. You should select the version you want to recover and click “Restore”.
ShadowExplorer might restore files encrypted by Happydayz@india.com virus
Sometimes ransomware viruses delete Shadow Volume Copies of the targeted files. However, Happydayz@india.com ransomware may have left them. In this case, follow these steps to recover some of your files:
- Download Shadow Explorer (http://shadowexplorer.com/);
- Follow a Shadow Explorer Setup Wizard and install this application on your computer;
- Launch the program and go through the drop down menu on the top left corner to select the disk of your encrypted data. Check what folders are there;
- Right-click on the folder you want to restore and select “Export”. You can also select where you want it to be stored.
The official Happydayz@india.com ransomware decrypter hasn’t been released yet
Finally, you should always think about the protection of crypto-ransomwares. In order to protect your computer from Happydayz@india.com and other ransomwares, use a reputable anti-spyware, such as ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.