What is Nuesearch and how did it get on my computer?
NueSearch is a widely-known browser hijacker which was spotted by 2-spyware security experts in the end on May 2016. This potentially unwanted program (PUP) presents itself as a legitimate search engine but a full research has revealed that it has nothing in common with trustworthy search results. Apart from being a PUP, this malware is also put into the category of browser hijackers, along with other suspicious search engines like Amisites.com. Luckily, you can eliminate it with almost every reputable anti-spyware, so don’t waste your time dealing with it. Besides its ability to infiltrate computers without users’ knowledge, Nuesearch hijack every web browser that it is installed on them. As a result, it starts appearing instead of the start page and the default search engine each time you launch the browser. Be sure not to use Nuesearch.com while searching the Internet! It has been observed that it can show people altered search results trying to redirect them to questionable/suspicious websites. You should never stay on such domains because visiting them can lead you to the infiltration of malware. These high-risk Internet sites are mostly used to infect people with adware-type programs, browser hijackers or sometimes even ransomware-type threats. But you should think about Nuesearch.com removal not only because of that.
Nuesearch.com redirect problem is just the beginning. According to PC experts, this search tool can also track you while you are browsing the Internet. With the help of this redirect virus, scammers can try to reveal your search queries, email address, computer’s location and similar information. Beware that this data may be sold to third-party companies that may use it for their own needs. At this point, our advice is very simple – you must remove Nuesearch from your computer without wasting your time. For that, you can use instructions provided below or install such anti-spyware software like Reimage.
How can nuesearch sneak into my PC?
Questions about Nuesearch.com
This browser hijacker can easily infiltrate your PC without an appropriate permission asked because it has been using a distribution technology called “bundling.” With the help of this method, its developers can hide this suspicious search engine among “optional downloads” that are hardly checked by users. If you don’t tend to monitor installation process of the freeware, you may be tricked into installing NueSearch as a bonus applications. However, we highly recommend you to reject it because it is an ad-supported software that can lead you to malware infiltration.
Nuesearch removal guide
Nuesearch virus should be deleted from the computer system because it can convince you to visit untrustworthy Internet sites, and that can cause you some serious security problems. If you would like to bypass such websites, do not use the search engine this hijacker provides and opt for a better alternative. To remove Nuesearch.com, use a trustworthy program that could detect and remove spyware and malware. If you do not want to use an additional program to delete this potentially unwanted one, then follow instructions given below. If after completing these steps you still feel that your computer is not safe, complete Nuesearch removal with the help of the automatic malware removal program. It can scan your computer system and detect all hidden dangerous programs.
You can remove Nuesearch.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Malwarebytes, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Nuesearch.com, follow these steps:
Erase Nuesearch.com from Windows systems
You can eliminate this browser hijacker from your computer manually only if you uninstall each of its components. In this case, you must uninstall NueSearch Uninstall, Uninstall – amz, Amisites, Browser Defender, Yontoo and similar entries that look suspicious. The argument that has to be removed from Windows shortcuts is: http://www.nuesearch.com.com/?ts=[timestamp]&v=[version]&uid=[uid]&ptid=[unknown]&mode=[unknown]
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Nuesearch.com and related programs
Here, look for Nuesearch.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Nuesearch.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Uninstall Nuesearch.com from Mac OS X system
When uninstalling PUP from Mac OS X, you have to uninstall each of suspicious entries, such as Uninstall – amz, NueSearch Uninstall, Amisites, Browser Defender, Yontoo, etc.
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Nuesearch.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Delete Nuesearch.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
To clean your browser from the hijacker completely, you will have to remove NueSearch add-on and other third-party add-ons this program may have installed on your computer. Look for unfamiliar names and double-check them via reputable sources.
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Nuesearch.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Nuesearch.com removal.
Get rid of Nuesearch.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
To get rid of this browser hijacker once and for all, go to your browser’s add-on manager, remove NueSearch add-on and look for other unknown add-ons. If you are in doubt, you can always check their reliability on reputable security sites.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Nuesearch.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Nuesearch.com removal.
Eliminate Nuesearch.com from Google Chrome
You will only remove this hijacker from your computer completely, when you will take care of all the add-ons, it might have installed on your browser. You have to delete NueSearch and other suspicious add-ons you can find in your add-on manager.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Nuesearch.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Nuesearch.com removal.
Erase Nuesearch.com from Safari
Though this virus rarely targets Mac OS X, there is no guarantee that you are safe from this virus. In case you notice suspicious behavior, check the list of Safari’s add-ons and delete the insecure ones. Don’t forget to do a little research beforehand, not to delete legitimate programs.
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Nuesearch.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Nuesearch.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Nuesearch.com removal process.