Search.mysearch.com – a virus seeking is to hijack target web browsers
Search.mysearch.com is classified as a browser hijacker which uses deceptive techniques to lure people into using its services. It is worth to mention that this software has many other similar offsprings that are attributed to MySearch virus family of potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). Usually, people who are tricked into installing Search.mysearch.com virus on their system cannot get rid of it easily and encounter various browser modifications.
Usually, this potentially unwanted program sneaks into the system without user's permission via software-bundles. Following the infiltration, it alters browser settings and assigns hxxp://search.mysearch.com/ to homepage, new tab URL and default search engine. Such actions are classified as browser hijacking which allow My Search to force you into using its services on a daily basis.
At the first sight, it seems that Search.mysearch.com virus is a completely normal search engine, just like Google or Yahoo search. However, be aware that the developers, APN LLC, inform users that this PUP collects the following information about the people who use their products:
- IP address of your device;
- geolocation of your device;
- browser type and platform type;
- your browser language;
- search keywords that you type into search bars.
This gathered information allows MySearch to customize ads which correspond to users' interests from their previous queries or frequently visited pages. As a result, people are more likely to click on them. However, it is worth to mention that typically, advertisements either promote less than reliable products or redirect to highly suspicious pages. Likewise, experts recommend you to stay away from them.
Questions about Search.mysearch.com virus
The developer of Search.mysearch.com also states the following:
Use the information that we collect to facilitate the delivery of relevant and/or targeted search results.
That is exactly why we do not recommend using this program. This search directory delivers sponsored search outcomes. Keep in mind that the contrivers of MySearch might be affiliated with third-party companies, and try to make you visit their websites by force. Unfortunately, they are not responsible for the content of those pages and you risk getting infected with malware.
Search.mysearch.com redirect tendency is designed to help its developers increase their revenue by pay-per-click marketing scheme. Likewise, they try their best to bring as much traffic as they can to the affiliate sites. Note that their efforts are not only aggressive and intrusive but they put your computer's security at risk.
Search.mysearch.com is an unreliable search engine which collects information about its users and delivers distorted search results.
We strongly advise you to uninstall Search.mysearch.com and start using a reliable search engine instead. This PUP is not malicious itself, but it can expose your system to various risks because third-party websites that it promotes might be insecure. Such web sources often try to convince computer users to install and try various free programs, but be careful – some of such files might be infectious or malicious.
We recommend taking care of Search.mysearch.com removal as soon as possible. You can find manual elimination guidelines at the end of this article. However, mostly, only the automatic removal option helps people uninstall browser hijackers from their computers.
You can get rid of Search.mysearch.com with the help of a professional antivirus. Our top picks would be Reimage Reimage Cleaner and Malwarebytes. Although, feel free to use any other malware removal software as long as it is reliable and robust enough.
Browser hijacking techniques
Currently, developers of potentially unwanted programs are highly employing a popular marketing scheme, called bundling, to distribute browser hijackers. This technique allows them to distribute their unreliable products together with free applications and do not inform users about such actions.
This distribution method is highly successful since contemporary users are skipping many steps during the installation of freeware and almost never detect the browser hijack which is hidden among optional components. Therefore, we strongly advise you to be cautious during the installation procedure at all times.
Additionally, it is important to avoid Recommended or Quick installation mode since it is designed to speed up the process by skipping steps, including the ones which allow you de-selecting checkmarks that permit the installation of PUP. Although, BedyNet.ru team says that you can save your time and install an antivirus software to protect your computer for you.
Make Search.mysearch.com virus removal easy
Even though you can remove Search.mysearch.com manually, it will take a lot of your time. Also, it might be difficult to identify and delete all its components for regular computer users. However, it is vital to avoid reappearance of the browser hijacker.
For this reason, we suggest you to ensure Search.mysearch.com removal for a security software. It will get rid of all its elements within minutes and save your time. Likewise, you only need to download it from authorized developers or official distributors and scan your system thoroughly.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner . SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Search.mysearch.com virus, follow these steps:
Uninstall Search.mysearch.com from Windows systems
This guide helps Windows users to uninstall Search.mysearch.com browser hijacker. However, be aware that you must delete all its components to fully protect your system. This PUP might contain the following elements:
- MySearch Toolbar;
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Search.mysearch.com and related programs
Here, look for Search.mysearch.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Search.mysearch.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Eliminate Search.mysearch.com from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.mysearch.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Get rid of Search.mysearch.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search.mysearch.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search.mysearch.com removal.
Remove Search.mysearch.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Once you get rid of suspicious entries, reset Mozilla Firefox to finish the PUP elimination procedure.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.mysearch.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.mysearch.com removal.
Erase Search.mysearch.com from Google Chrome
You should reset Chrome to bring it to the previous state and get rid of the modifications made by the potentially unwanted program.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.mysearch.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.mysearch.com removal.
Uninstall Search.mysearch.com from Safari
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Search.mysearch.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Search.mysearch.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Search.mysearch.com removal process.