Search.searchwwf.com redirect virus – how does it operate?
Search.searchwwf.com virus (by SaferBrowser) appears in the form of a browser extension that can affect the top three web browsers – Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and also Internet Explorer. This piece of software is well-known as Search.searchwwf.com redirect virus, and it has earned such title due to its activity on the compromised PC. First of all, it adds World Wide Forecasts to user’s web browsers and also adds several tracking cookies to them. These cookies start working right away, and they gather accurate information about the victim – list of websites that the user has visited, computer’s IP address and geolocation, recent search queries made, and similar data. Sadly, no one asks the victim if he or she allows revealing such information. Typically, developers of such potentially unwanted applications claim that they gather particular information to “improve their service and deliver targeted advertisements,” however, commonly users are not satisfied with such activity and ads that show up later on. Then the indicated browser hijacker touches browser’s settings and alters homepage and default search settings. You probably now realize why this URL appears in your browser, we reckon. It inputs Search.searchwwf.com value in these settings, making the browser automatically load this site on startup.
Questions about Search.searchwwf.com virus
Inattentive PC users might not spot huge different between Search.searchwwf.com and other search engines because it looks completely harmless at first sight. However, users who start using it soon notice how suspicious this search engine is. They claim that it delivers too many sponsored search outcomes, making it hard to reach organic search results quickly. Besides, beware of Search.searchwwf.com redirect problem, which can suddenly redirect you to affiliate websites quickly. The only thing that you should know is that this browser hijacker has been created for monetization and that the described search engine is just a tool promoting affiliate websites. When users click on sponsored search results, developers of this hijacker generate pay-per-click revenue. Sadly, such clicks can open potentially dangerous Internet sites that we do not recommend visiting. If you wish to protect yourself from unwanted redirections, better remove Search.searchwwf.com hijacker now. Reimage Reimage Cleaner can help you to do that, as well as Search.searchwwf.com removal instructions provided at the end of this post.
How can you protect your device from potentially unwanted programs?
PUPs can hijack the system in the blink of an eye as soon as the user hits “Install” button after downloading an entirely different piece of software. The sad truth is, many free programs bring additional pieces of software alongside them. Such software packs are identified as software bundles, and unfortunately, typically they consist of one safe program and several potentially unwanted ones. Unfortunately, computer users often do not understand how such additions enter the system if they do not give permissions to install them. You might be shocked, but the safe-looking Default or Standard installation settings typically include permissions to install all “recommended” software. That is why we tell computer users not to rely on them and choose Advanced or Custom mode instead. Choosing these settings reveals all additional applications added to your download and allows to refuse to install them.
How to remove Search.searchwwf.com?
You can remove Search.searchwwf.com virus with the help of the removal guide that is provided below. We have written these instructions to explain to you what programs and browser extensions you should look for. In case you encounter problems when trying to complete Search.searchwwf.com removal, send us a question or just simply try the automatic removal option.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner . SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Search.searchwwf.com virus, follow these steps:
Get rid of Search.searchwwf.com from Windows systems
Find and uninstall World Wide Forecasts program and everything developed by Safer Browser.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Search.searchwwf.com and related programs
Here, look for Search.searchwwf.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Search.searchwwf.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Remove Search.searchwwf.com from Mac OS X system
Remove World Wide Forecasts app and all apps associated with the infamous Safer Browser.
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.searchwwf.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Eliminate Search.searchwwf.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Delete extensions, cookies, and other entries related to World Wide Forecasts app.
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search.searchwwf.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search.searchwwf.com removal.
Erase Search.searchwwf.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove World Wide Forecasts plug-in and other suspicious components, then reset browser settings using instructions provided below.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.searchwwf.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.searchwwf.com removal.
Uninstall Search.searchwwf.com from Google Chrome
Clean Chrome browser by deleting World Wide Forecasts extension and tracking cookies related to it.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.searchwwf.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.searchwwf.com removal.