Yahoo Mail redirect virus is a browser hijacker, which can infiltrate any computer if it’s not protected as it should be. As soon as it gets inside, this virus hides from the user and reminds about its existence only when user tries to loggin into his/hers Yahoo account. Instead of allowing him/her to get into the profile, virus redirects the victim to inactive search page of the Google or unknown website. In most of the cases, this inconvenience starts appearing on all Internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Beware that Yahoo Mail redirect virus can also change the start page or default search engine on your computer. If you have noticed any of these symptoms, you are highly recommended scanning the system with updated anti-spyware and eliminating Yahoo Mail redirect virus from the system.
How can I get infected with Yahoo Mail redirect virus?
You can get infected with Yahoo Mail redirect virus if you don’t follow safe browsing practices. That means you tend to visit illegal domains, use illegal software, open spam and do other unwise things. Besides, if your PC has been infected by malware, this virus may be a cause of it. As soon as Yahoo Mail redirect virus infiltrates the system, it alters system’s settings and starts annoying redirections to unwanted websites. If you can’t reach your Yahoo Mail, you should check your machine with a reputable security software and eliminate malicious entries from the PC. Otherwise, you may be redirected to the site that promotes potentially malicious applications or even malware.
How to remove Yahoo Mail redirect virus?
If you think that your PC is infected with Yahoo Mail redirect virus, you should begin this procedure with scanning the system with updated anti-spyware. We recommend using these programs:
Now check Domain Name Server (DNS) settings:
1) Go Control Panel-> Network Connections -> select Local Area Connection. Then you should right-click the icon and choose Properties.
2) You should see a window. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties.
3) New window (Internet Protocol window) will show up. Click Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically. Finally, click OK to save the changes.
We also recommend checking proxy settings:
1) Launch IE, then go Tools ->Internet Options. Click Connections tab and press Local Area Network (LAN) Settings.
2) Unselect everything or enter parameters that were given by system administrator and press OK.
1) Launch Mozilla Firefox, then go Tools ->Options. Additionally, press Advanced and open Network tab. Press Settings button.
2) Select No proxy or enter parameters that were given by system administrator and press OK.
1) Click Customize and Control Google Chrome menu -> Options.
2) Now under Google Chrome Options select Under the Hood tab -> Network –> Change proxy settings.
3) Now in the Internet Properties window, click Lan settings button -> Local Area Network (LAN) Settings
4) Uncheck the Use Proxy server for your LAN and click OK.
Finally, look for malicious entries on your browsers:
1. Click the Start button and then select Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
2. In the list of programs, find potentially malicious entries, select them, and click Change/Remove.
1. In your browser menu, select Tools > Add-ons.
2. Make sure the Extensions tab is selected.
3. Select potentially malicious entries and click the Uninstall button.
1. Click On the Settings button (wrench icon.. right top.. below close button) and go to Tools.
3. Next in the sub menu choose Extensions and disable/uninstall potentially malicious entries.
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.