What is FLV Player?
FLV Player is a video converter, which may be spread around using unfair distribution methods. Typically, these methods are based on other programs that are actively offered on the Internet for free. Once it gets inside the system, this program may initiate several changes on your PC system, including the ones that are related to your start page and default search engine. After that, you may notice annoying redirects to websites that you don't really know, various pop-up ads and other inconveniences. Such behavior has clearly made many security experts to call FLV Player virus. After testing this program on our computers, we can say that it can hardly initiate malicious activities, so you should start worrying about your personal information, which is kept on it. Believe us, you can safely keep it on your computer if you want to. However, beware that FLV Player is clearly used to promote Babylon Toolbar, isearch.babylon.com, WebCake and other suspicious applications that may initiate various unwanted activities on your PC. For example: they may start tracking your browsing on the web and then may share this data with unknown third parties. Besides, you may also start suffering from FLV Player redirects, annoying pop-up advertisements and similar activities when having this program on your computer, so we would like to recommend you removing it. How can you do that? For that you can download Reimage and run a full system scan with it. This will help you to eliminate all questionable applications.
HOW CAN FLV PLAYER HIJACK MY COMPUTER?
FLV Player can be downloaded from the Internet just like any other application. In fact, it is spread not only thru various download websites but thru various pop-up ads as well. In most of the cases, they offer this program for free. However, it seems that there is another method how can you install this suspicious application - you may also download it in a bundle with other applications. In most of occasions, it happens when users download freeware and shareware, so you should be very careful when downloading uncertified programs on your computer. You should be very careful when installing download managers, PDF creators, video streaming software, video recording software and similar applications. For getting ability to see what is hiding in your download, you should choose only Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and avoid Quick or Basic installation. After that, you should uncheck check marks that claim that you want to download FLV Player to your computer. If this virus gets inside the system, it may alter the start page and default search engine. If you see commercial pop-up notifications or suffer from annoying browser's redirections, you should check your PC for this potentially unwanted application.
HOW TO REMOVE FLV Player virus?
When trying to remove FLV Player from your computer, you should also uninstall Babylon Toolbar and isearch.babylon. First of all, uninstall these programs via 'Add/Remove Programs' or 'Programs and features'. For that, follow manual removal steps or use programs that are mentioned in Automatic FLV Player removal guide:
You can remove FLV Player automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove FLV Player from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove FLV Player from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove FLV Player from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove FLV Player from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove FLV Player from Safari
Remove FLV Player from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove FLV Player from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for FLV Player or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove FLV Player from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for FLV Player or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove FLV Player from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for FLV Player and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete FLV Player removal.
Remove FLV Player from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select FLV Player and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete FLV Player removal.
Remove FLV Player from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select FLV Player and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete FLV Player removal.
Remove FLV Player from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for FLV Player or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete FLV Player removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of FLV Player
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on FLV Player
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.