HomeTab is a sneaky adware, which infiltrates computers in a bundle with freeware and shareware. As soon as it sneaks inside, it typically changes the start page and default search engine to search.hometab.com or search.newhometab.com domains. Besides, this program may also start displaying continuous pop-up notifications that promote related websites or simply slow down the browser. We can't say that HomeTab is malicious or that it's a virus. This program can't harm your computer but it can definitely cause unwanted activities on it. If you noticed browser redirections or commercial pop-up ads, they may be caused by HomeTab. In order to get rid of them, you should remove this program from your computer without any delay.
HOW CAN HOMETAB APPEAR ON MY COMPUTER?
HomeTab can be downloaded from its official website and some other download sites. However, in most of the cases it shows up on computer after downloading PDF Creators, video players, and other freeware. Of course, users are always notified that they will download HomeTab on their computers with this freeware However, this can't be noticed if you don't pay enough attention to the installation process of such programs... Please, try to be more careful when downloading freeware on your computer next time. As soon as HomeTab appears on your computer, it starts interrupting its victim with continuous pop-up ads. Typically, it affects all web browsers that are installed on the system, so you will have to remove it from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox separately if you want to get rid of this program for good.
HOW TO REMOVE HomeTab?
If you want to remove HomeTab from the system, you should firstly scan your machine with updated anti-spyware. For that, you can use STOPzilla, SpyHunter or Malwarebytes Anti Malware. As soon as you remove malicious entries from the system, look for this program on Add/Remove Programs list. For that:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for HomeTab for IE and Chrome and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
After that, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall HomeTab , Web Search and any other unknown extension.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find HomeTab, Web Search and other entries that are unknown for you, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find HomeTab, Web Search and other unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use