What is HomeTab?
HomeTab is a sneaky adware-type application, which may infiltrate your computer in a bundle with freeware and shareware. As soon as it sneaks inside the system, it may easily hijack each of your web browsers and that may change your start page and default search engine to search.hometab.com or search.newhometab.com domains. If you have already noticed that, you should check your computer for HomeTab virus. Besides, this program may also start initiating other unwanted activities on your computer. Usually, it starts displaying continuous pop-up notifications that look very tricky and we have managed to find hundreds of people who claim that they can hardly ignore them and not click them. Please, do NOT do that because HomeTab ads are mostly used for promoting related websites that seek to increase their page rank or sales. Besides, when this program is inside the system, it may slow down each of your web browsers, so you may find out that you can hardly browse the web as fast as you did that before. To sum up, while we can't say that HomeTab is malicious or that it's a virus, this program should be avoided. Yes, it can't pose harm to your computer but it can definitely cause unwanted activities on it. If you noticed browser redirects or commercial pop-up ads, they are labeled as 'ads by HomeTab', 'HomeTab ads', 'brought to you by HomeTab', etc., you should check your computer with a reputable anti-spyware and get rid of suspicious files that belong to this program. We recommend using Reimage for that. Of course, if you want to avoid to insecure websites you should do that without any delay.
HOW CAN HOMETAB hijack MY COMPUTER?
HomeTab can be downloaded from its official website and some other download sites. However, in most of the cases it shows up on computer after downloading PDF Creators, video players, and other freeware. Of course, users are always notified that they will download HomeTab on their computers with this freeware However, this can't be noticed if you don't pay enough attention to the installation process of such programs... Please, try to be more careful when downloading freeware on your computer next time and opt only for Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. As soon as you see a notification about HomeTab or similar browser add-on, extension, plugin or toolbar, you should opt out of it by unchecking the check mark. If his program manages to appear on your computer, it may start interrupting you with continuous pop-up ads. Typically, it affects all web browsers that are installed on the system, so you will have to remove it from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox separately if you want to get rid of this program for good.
HOW TO REMOVE HomeTab virus?
If you want to remove HomeTab from the system, you should firstly scan your machine with updated anti-spyware or follow this step by step guide, which is given down below. For that use manual removal step and remove HomeTab for good:
You can remove HomeTab automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove HomeTab from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove HomeTab from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove HomeTab from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove HomeTab from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove HomeTab from Safari
Remove HomeTab from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove HomeTab from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for HomeTab or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove HomeTab from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for HomeTab or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove HomeTab from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for HomeTab and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete HomeTab removal.
Remove HomeTab from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select HomeTab and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete HomeTab removal.
Remove HomeTab from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select HomeTab and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete HomeTab removal.
Remove HomeTab from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for HomeTab or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete HomeTab removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on HomeTab
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.