What is PortaldoSites.com?
PortaldoSites.com is a questionable search engine, which has been labeled as a browser hijacker. This program is mostly promoted as a valuable search tool but in reality all what it seeks is to promote affiliate websites and help them to increase the number of their visitors. That's why it may try to infiltrate your computer unnoticed in a bundle with freeware and shareware. After doing so, it may start acting up and may try to initiate some secret modifications on the system, such as the changes of the start page and the default search engine, changes of new tab page and so on. As a rule, the homepage and the default search engine are the first things that are altered by this potentially unwanted program. Instead of victim's favorite search engines, it drops portaldosites.com or search.portaldosites.com. We do NOT recommend ignoring this and using this site for your search sessions because it may easily show you forged search results that are usually used for promoting predetermined websites. There is no guarantee that this search engine won't trick you into visiting really suspicious domains. Besides, you should also know that this program may also start tracking your browsing habits. Even the License Areement of PortaldoSites.com notifies about that:
This Web site may contain links to other Web sites which are independent of this Web site. We make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, value, integrity, completeness or authenticity of the information (...).
Furthermore, these links may lead to sites or links that contain offensive and objectionable content or which may contain dangerous computer viruses. You assume, and we hereby disclaim, all responsibility for any of the content on these sites or for any damage sustained by users of these sites.
As you can see, you should avoid PortaldoSites.com because you can't be sure that you won't be forced to visit malicious site. If you see this page instead of google.com or other search engine, you should check your computer for a browser hijacker virus and remove it from the system. Remember, using Portaldosites.com may cause serious problems for you and your computer!
How can PortaldoSites.com hijack my computer?
Redirections to Portaldosites.com or similar sites may start right after downloading a questionable free application that has been filled with this search engine. In most of the cases, such programs are added in exchange for money. You can easily change your start page or default search engine to Portaldo Sites virus when installing download managers, PDF creators, video streaming software and similar programs. That's why you should be very careful when downloading them. In order to avoid unwanted changes, pay attention to every installation window of the software and uncheck pre-checked check marks that allow installation of optional components. As soon as this program gets inside its target PC, this may change the homepage, the default search engine and the new tab page to portaldosites.com. Please, do not ignore these changes and improve your browsing activities by eliminating PortaldoSites redirect virus from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE PortaldoSites VIRUS?
You can remove PortaldoSites.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
PortaldoSites.com manual removal
Manual PortaldoSites.com Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall PortaldoSites.com and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove PortaldoSites.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove PortaldoSites.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for PortaldoSites.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove PortaldoSites.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for PortaldoSites.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove PortaldoSites.com from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall PortaldoSites.com from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove PortaldoSites.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for PortaldoSites.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete PortaldoSites.com removal.
Remove PortaldoSites.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select PortaldoSites.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete PortaldoSites.com removal.
Remove PortaldoSites.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select PortaldoSites.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete PortaldoSites.com removal.
Remove PortaldoSites.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for PortaldoSites.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by PortaldoSites.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete PortaldoSites.com removal process.
Step 4: Complete PortaldoSites.com removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of PortaldoSites.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.