What is Trovi.com?
Trovi.com is another search site, which is promoted using unfair methods. Beware that you may easily let it to your computer when downloading freeware, shareware and similar software without monitoring its installation. If this page appeared on each of your web browsers out of nowhere, you must have installed some suspicious freeware that was involved to Trovi promotion. When keeping this questionable search engine on your computer, you should be prepared for continuous redirections to unknown websites, commercial pop-up ads and similar things that may initiate serious problems for you when browsing on the Internet. Of course, they are caused as soon as PC is rebooted and the only way to avoid them is to remove Trovi.com virus from the system. We think that you should get rid of it for some other reasons as well.. Beware that Trovi.com may also alter your homepage/ start page settings, slow down each of your web browsers or even install its toolbar without your permission asked. So, no matter how trustworthy Trovi.com looks, it’s clear that it was created for advertising and monetization. Because of these manipulations, users have started labeling it as virus and call it Trovi virus. If you want to receive trustworthy search results, you should remove this program from your computer. For that we highly recommend using reputable anti-spyware that is capable to detect all sorts of viruses. For the removal of Trovi.com hijacker we recommend you to use SpyHunter.
HOW CAN Trovi.com hijack MY COMPUTER?
Trovi.com can show up on the system after downloading freeware and shareware. Typically, it enters computers in a bundle with games, tools and other utilities that are actively promoted on the Internet for free. If you want to download some free application and want to avoid such program, you should remember to choose a Custom or Advanced program’s installation method and uncheck these check boxes that say that you agree to download Trovi Toolbar or change your start page to trovi.com. If you missed this check box, you should easily notice several changes in your system settings. If your homepage was accidentally set to Trovi.com, you are suffering from annoying pop-up ads, slow downs and similar PC-related issues, we have to encourage you not to wait because this program may redirect you to unknown websites that may infect your computer with other suspicious and sometimes even dangerous websites. In addition, it may start tracking your browsing on the web and may collect various information about them. If you think that your search terms, mostly visited websites, data that you enter when visiting specific websites and similar information shouldn't be revealed to unknown parties, you shouldn't leave Trovi virus on your computer. The removal of this program is not a hard thing. For that you should just follow this guide and fix your computer:
HOW TO REMOVE TROVI
If you are annoyed by continuous redirections to Trovi.com, you should remove this program from your computer. For that, you can use these instructions:
You can remove Trovi.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Trovi.com redirect Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Trovi.com and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Trovi.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Trovi.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Trovi.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Trovi.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Trovi.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove Trovi.com from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Trovi.com from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove Trovi.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Trovi.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Trovi.com removal.
Remove Trovi.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Trovi.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Trovi.com removal.
Remove Trovi.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Trovi.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Trovi.com removal.
Remove Trovi.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Trovi.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Trovi.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Trovi.com removal process.
Step 4: Complete Trovi.com redirect removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Trovi.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.