Trovi.com virus is yet another rogue program that deserves to be removed. It is a computer parasite, which commonly installs itself without notifying you about that, and then runs it dubious processes on your computer. If you want to know what happens next, please read the information provided below.
Description of Trovi.com virus:
Trovi.com malware, which is sometimes referred to as Trovi.com redirect virus, is an intolerably annoying application. Keep in mind that it travels alongside various unreliable free applications and that in order to avoid installing Trovi virus, you must be careful when installing any other free software on your PC. When this application enters the computer system, it detects and hijacks all Internet browsers, and this is why this app is categorized as a browser hijacker. Once it does that, it adjusts browser's homepage and default search engine settings and sets Trovi.com website as your homepage and Trovi search as a default search provider. STAY away from these dubious search providers, because they will NOT provide you secure search outcomes. Trovi search engine promotes highly untrustworthy third-party websites, so by clicking on Trovi search results most likely you are going to be forced to visit them.
In other words, this questionable parasite tries to deceive you and make you visit websites that it wants you to visit, so it once you click on such altered search outcome, Trovi reroutes you to a predetermined third-party site that needs to be promoted. In exchange for such shady promotion of particular websites, Trovi's developers gain pay-per-click revenue. However, you should think of the dangers that await for you in these third-party sites and remove Trovi.com browser hijacker from your computer as soon as possible. Some of the third-party websites you may end up on can promote malicious software and suggest you to install it for free; please, do not catch the hook and do NOT download software from unfamiliar web sources that Trovi.com redirects you to. You can end up with possibly severe computer threat instead of a good and useful software. For this reason, we strongly recommend you to remove Trovi.com from your computer by scanning it with an anti-malware software like Reimage. Such security software can check your system for other possibly dangerous applications and remove them with ease.
How can Trovi.com hijack my PC?
Trovi.com can appear on your computer system after downloading and installing freeware or shareware. Computer experts claim that potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) like this one travel in software bundles alongside various free applications, so you have to be very attentive when installing them. Remember some important security checks that you need to do when you download a new program and launch its installer:
- See if the program promotes third-party software. If it says that it does, proceed to the "Settings" of an installer and adjust them.
- Set Advanced or Custom installation mode to see a list of additional programs added to your preferred software. Deselect all of them and finish the installation setup.
Fortunately, it is quite easy to get rid of this hazardous hijacker. Please navigate to page 2 to find Trovi.com removal instructions.
How to remove Trovi?
Keep in mind that you cannot get rid of Trovi.com virus just by modifying your homepage and default search engine settings. Reportedly, this browser redirect virus installs some rogue components that are supposed to alter your browser's settings after each attempt to remove Trovi.com. Therefore, even if you try to replace your homepage with another website, Trovi malware is going to prevent you from doing that and it Trovi.com will be set as your homepage again the next time you reboot your computer. To completely remove this annoying computer parasite, please follow these Trovi.com removal guidelines provided below:
You can remove Trovi.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Trovi.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Trovi.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Trovi.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Trovi.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Trovi.com from Safari
Remove Trovi.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Trovi.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Trovi.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Trovi.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Trovi.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Trovi.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Trovi.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Trovi.com removal.
Remove Trovi.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Trovi.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Trovi.com removal.
Remove Trovi.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Trovi.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Trovi.com removal.
Remove Trovi.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Trovi.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Trovi.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Trovi.com removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Trovi.com redirect
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.