'Your computer is locked' is a fake notification, which is used by updated International Police Association or IPA virus. It reports about illegal user's activities and then asks paying the fine of 50 pounds or 100 Euros through Ukash code. In order to look more convincing, this ransomware not only shows its huge alert, but also blocks computer's desktop as soon as it gets inside the system. For that, it relies on trojan horse, which exploits security vulnerabilities. As a result, you won't be capable to get on the Internet and check the legitimacy of this notification. We can only say that 'Your computer is locked' virus has tricked many PC users who live in Great Britain. If you see this ad, you must ignore it and follow our detailed 'Your computer is locked' removal guide.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH 'Your computer is locked'?
As we have said, 'Your computer is locked' is distributed by trojan horse. This threat can easily attack poorly protected systems and then download malicious files without any user's knowledge. As a result, it blocks the system down and lets 'Your computer is locked' virus start making users think that they have a serious deal with Great Britain's police. Beware that all this is done only to make you pay a fine of 50 pounds as soon as possible! In reality, police and other governmental organizations have never been using such online methods when punishing their criminals and seeking to make them pay the fine.
This fake alert, which belongs to 'Your computer is locked' virus, looks like that:
Your computer is locked
Your actions over the computer are recorded. If you have used a camera, videos and photos were seized as evidence
Your IP address: XXXXX
Your identity will be established by IP-address and the appropirate domain.
If you use an IP-camera photos and videos saved to establish your identity.
The Police of Great Britain have found out that you visited the site with child pornography. In this regard temparary files on your PC contaning pornographic material have been found. These actions are illegal.
As you can see, 'Your computer is locked' virus is capable to take over computer's system as soon as it gets inside. In order to prevent such viruses, you should avoid illegal websites and fake notifications offering to update some software for free. Typically, they are hacked by cyber criminals and used to spread such screen locking viruses like this one. If you want to fix your PC, you have to unblock the system first and then remove 'Your computer is locked' virus from it.
HOW TO REMOVE 'Your computer is locked'?
When trying to get rid of 'Your computer is locked', the biggest problem is unblocking the system. For that, follow these tips:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download SpyHunter or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with 'Your computer is locked' virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with ransomware viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual 'Your computer is locked' removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated SpyHunter to remove remaining virus files.
Your computer is locked manual removal
Geolocation of Your computer is locked
Comments on Your computer is locked
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.