ZoneAlarm Search is a search engine, which is presented as 'powered by Google'. However, after using it for some time, it becomes obvious that this site not only returns altered search results, but shows various pop-up advertisements that redirect people to sponsored domains. In most of the cases, this site shows up when users download/update ZoneAlarm Firewall or other ZoneAlarm programs on their computers. It can appear instead of the start page and default search engine on all web browsers that can be found on machine. If it has infiltrated your computer, you should be careful in order to avoid unexpected redirections to malicious site. Please, check your PC for browser hijacker, which may be closely related to this search engine.
HOW CAN I GET ZoneAlarm Search ON MY COMPUTER?
In most of the cases, ZoneAlarm Search comes in a bundle with ZoneAlarm programs. However, it has also been reported to be related to browser hijacker virus. If you want to prevent its infiltration, you should always have updated anti-virus and anti-spyware installed on your PC. Once inside, it alters PC's settings and starts making its victim use ZoneAlarm Search when he/she begins browsing on the Internet. Beware that it may return altered search results that may redirect you to unwanted websites. In addition, it may also start showing continuous pop-up ads and notifications. Once again, we don't call this search engine malicious but its creators clearly use unfair distribution methods. If you want to remove ZoneAlarm Search, follow this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE ZONEALARM SEARCH?
If you want to get rid of ZoneAlarm Search, you have to follow these instructions:
First of all, run a full system scan with updated anti-spyware, such as STOPzilla or SpyHunter
In addition, remove malicious entries from Add/Remove Programs list. For that follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for ZoneAlarm Search and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Finally, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall ZoneAlarm Search and other entries that are unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find ZoneAlarm Search and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use