Explanation of 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab functionality
3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension is a questionable Chrome parasite that spreads alongside free programs. Once installed, it adds a new icon to browser’s shortcut, and clicking on it takes the user to chrome-extension://ilcfbbdpbjdjnkanagkbdbmcblhfmkmg/
newtab.html page. The suspicious extension has some very shady permissions, such as read and change user’s bookmarks, as well as data on websites the user visits, and what is even more suspicious, it has the right to know victim’s email address! The shady extension attempts to force the user to use a fun-looking search engine that also provides weather forecasts on the same page. However, each of your search queries entered into this vague search tool will be transmitted to particular servers, as well as your browsing history, IP address, and similar information. The suspicious 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension virus seeks to track your activities in order to provide targeted ads to you. What is even worse is that the developers of this questionable extension might be selling collected data to third-parties. If you are a security-minded user and you’d prefer to keep aforementioned types of data to yourself, remove this questionable add-on using anti-spyware software like ReimageIntego.
Be extremely careful when using the described search engine because people tend to call it 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension redirect virus not without reason. It seems that this shady program injects third-party links into search results in order to redirect the user to external pages that might be hazardous. For instance, you might be forced to enter annoying sites that suggest participating in online lotteries, taking surveys, installing “useful” programs that can only slow down your computer or put your privacy at risk. To stay clear of such sites, remove 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab right now. If you do not want to use the program, we suggested earlier, follow the removal instructions that we added at the end of this post.
Ways to avoid potentially unwanted programs
Potentially unwanted programs that integrate sponsored content into websites you visit or those that change your browser’s settings are usually distributed using the same old technique known as software bundling. This technique allows software developers add less popular programs to more known software and distribute them together. During the installation of the main program, users have the possibility to drop off the unwanted additions, sadly, usually, users do not use this privilege and end up installing a bunch of unwanted programs on their computers. This often happens due to attempts to install the software as soon as possible. If you do not want to allow, such PUPs to hijack your computer, act wisely and modify software installation settings properly. We suggest choosing Custom or Advanced settings which allow deselecting unwanted additions. Please, do not trust Standard or Default settings because these contain permissions to install bundled software.
3Spiral Wave Tab - New Tab virus is a dangerous computer program that adds an extension to user's browser and starts causing redirects to a suspicious website with a search engine on it. Search results provided by this tool can be deceptive!
3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension removal methods
There are two methods that can help you to remove 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension virus. The first one is considered to be more time-consuming because it requires studying browser hijacker removal guidelines and deleting 3Spiral Wave Tab’s components manually. The second option is using anti-spyware software for automatic 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension removal. Choose whichever method looks best to you and start deleting the virtual pest right away.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension virus, follow these steps:
Erase 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension from Windows systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension and related programs
Here, look for 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Uninstall 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension from Mac OS X system
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension-related entries.
Delete 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension from Google Chrome
To delete the hijacker from Chrome, find and delete the following extension:
- 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete 3Spiral Wave Tab – New Tab Extension removal.
Stream videos without limitations, no matter where you are
There are multiple parties that could find out almost anything about you by checking your online activity. While this is highly unlikely, advertisers and tech companies are constantly tracking you online. The first step to privacy should be a secure browser that focuses on tracker reduction to a minimum.
Even if you employ a secure browser, you will not be able to access websites that are restricted due to local government laws or other reasons. In other words, you may not be able to stream Disney+ or US-based Netflix in some countries. To bypass these restrictions, you can employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN, which provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, not slowing you down in the process.
Data backups are important – recover your lost files
Ransomware is one of the biggest threats to personal data. Once it is executed on a machine, it launches a sophisticated encryption algorithm that locks all your files, although it does not destroy them. The most common misconception is that anti-malware software can return files to their previous states. This is not true, however, and data remains locked after the malicious payload is deleted.
While regular data backups are the only secure method to recover your files after a ransomware attack, tools such as Data Recovery Pro can also be effective and restore at least some of your lost data.