Freesamplesprousa.com ads Removal Guide
What is Freesamplesprousa.com ads?
Freesamplesprousa.com is a fake website that promises Victoria's Secret samples in exchange for your personal information
Freesamplesprousa.com is a fake website you shouldn't trust
Freesamplesprousa.com is one of the millions of websites created by unfair individuals in order to scam visitors who end up there. The main goal of crooks is to extort personal user information, including contact information, in order to later target them with other scams. Crooks can also use it for various other malicious reasons, such as selling it to the highest bidder on the underground forums.
Users commonly enter Freesamplesprousa.com by accident after clicking a booby-trapped link on peer-to-peer, illegal video streaming, or similar high-risk websites (adware installed on the device could also sometimes cause users to encounter phishing content online more often). They are then immediately asked if they would like to get Victoria's Secret fragrance samples, allegedly for free.
Please do not interact with the Freesamplesprousa.com scam, as you might not only provide your sensitive information to unknown parties but also end up being redirected to other malicious sites, where you could be tricked into installing malware, subscribing to useless services or push notifications, or exposing even more of your information to hackers.
|Type||Scam, fraud, phishing, redirect|
|Operation||Shows a misleading message that promises Victoria's Secret fragrance samples – users are asked to provide their personal information that can later be misused|
|Distribution||Redirects, adware, or other infections|
|Risks||Installation of PUPs or malware, sensitive information disclosure, financial losses|
|Removal||You should ensure that your system is adware and malware-free with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner|
|Other tips||After the removal of PUPs and malware, we recommend scanning the system with ReimageIntego to clean browser caches and fix virus damage automatically|
As mentioned, users frequently encounter Freesamplesprousa.com after clicking on a suspicious link somewhere else. Usually, those who opt to visit websites of dubious nature are more likely to encounter online scams and phishing messages. Thus, if you intentionally access peer-to-peer and similar illegal websites, you should stay away from them in the first place, as they not only encompass malicious links but may also spread ransomware or other dangerous malware.
Once on the page, users are presented with what seems like a good offer – they could get free samples of an expensive brand's perfume. Many people then believe they got very lucky and can get these items for free. Believing in their success, they often do as they are told and enter the required information, which could be an email address or other personal data.
Freesamplesprousa.com website would also ask users to enable push notifications which, if allowed, would start sending some misleading ads and other messages later. We will explain how to deal with this unwanted activity down below. However, you should first perform a few checks and take care of your privacy.
Freesamplesprousa.com will not deliver you the promised goods, and only seeks to steal your personal data
Tips if you have interacted with the scam message
Many users often realize that they have accessed a deceptive phishing website. However, due to little-understood practices these scam sites use, people might immediately get concerned about whether their computer security and personal safety have been compromised.
First of all, if you haven't downloaded and installed anything from Freesamplesprousa.com, you are unlikely to be infected (unless there are software vulnerabilities present on your system – update all software with the latest security patches to mitigate this possible threat).
The second danger here is data disclosure. If you have entered your email, home address, phone number, or other personal information, beware that cybercriminals can use these means of communication to target you with further scams. For example, you are likely to receive phishing emails or spam calls.
Remove Freesamplesprousa.com redirects
Whenever you encounter a scam message online, the best thing to do is to ignore it and close down the browser tab immediately. Regardless of whether your machine is affected by adware or malware, you should still make checks just to be sure, especially if you frequent insecure websites.
For the first check, we recommend visiting the list of the installed applications and removing everything suspicious. For example, if you have recently installed a media player and have noticed more ads than usual, you should get rid of it at once. If you are not entirely sure, we recommend you skip this step and rely on powerful security software SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes to handle the dangerous program removal process automatically.
- Enter Control Panel into the Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till the uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
While moving apps into Trash is how you delete most normal applications, adware tends to create additional files for persistence. Thus, you should look for .plist and other files that could be related to the virus. If you are not sure, skip this step entirely.
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
Once done, you should then remove unwanted browser extensions – these can be found within the Settings menu or simply by pressing the “Extensions” button to the right of the URL bar and then selecting “Remove” or “Uninstall.”
In order to remove trackers such as cookies, you should clean your browser caches. If you would rather skip this step, you should consider using the ReimageIntego repair and maintenance utility that can greatly help you to clean up your machine after PUP or malware infection easily.
- Click the Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
- Click Menu and pick Options.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
MS Edge (Chromium)
- Click on Menu and go to Settings.
- Select Privacy and services.
- Under Clear browsing data, pick Choose what to clear.
- Under Time range, pick All time.
- Select Clear now.
- Click Safari > Clear History…
- From the drop-down menu under Clear, pick all history.
- Confirm with Clear History.
After performing all these steps, your computer should be clean. However, if you are still seeing Freesamplesprousa.com ads, you might have enabled push notifications from the website by accident. Security software won't be able to remove these, so you have to access browser settings and block the site manually:
- Open Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click the Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
MS Edge (Chromium):
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to the Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
How to prevent from getting adware
Choose a proper web browser and improve your safety with a VPN tool
Online spying has got momentum in recent years and people are getting more and more interested in how to protect their privacy online. One of the basic means to add a layer of security – choose the most private and secure web browser. Although web browsers can't grant full privacy protection and security, some of them are much better at sandboxing, HTTPS upgrading, active content blocking, tracking blocking, phishing protection, and similar privacy-oriented features. However, if you want true anonymity, we suggest you employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN – it can encrypt all the traffic that comes and goes out of your computer, preventing tracking completely.
Lost your files? Use data recovery software
While some files located on any computer are replaceable or useless, others can be extremely valuable. Family photos, work documents, school projects – these are types of files that we don't want to lose. Unfortunately, there are many ways how unexpected data loss can occur: power cuts, Blue Screen of Death errors, hardware failures, crypto-malware attack, or even accidental deletion.
To ensure that all the files remain intact, you should prepare regular data backups. You can choose cloud-based or physical copies you could restore from later in case of a disaster. If your backups were lost as well or you never bothered to prepare any, Data Recovery Pro can be your only hope to retrieve your invaluable files.