What is known about FullSearching.com redirect virus?
FullSearching.com virus is a program that can modify your browser’s settings and make it launch this URL on every startup. At first, you might not notice anything suspicious because this URL serves a simple search engine with a FullSearching logo above it. However, most likely you will start looking for FullSearching.com removal guidelines right away because this search engine tends to act suspiciously. Its search results are filled with questionable links that can bring you to potentially dangerous Internet sites, and this will give you a feeling of insecurity. We have to disappoint you by saying that this search tool hardly filters sponsored ads and can present sponsored results that lead to insecure Internet sites, where you can be asked to download dangerous programs or to reveal personal information for shady purposes. For your own safety, we advise you to remove FullSearching.com redirect virus and change your browser settings then. To uninstall this program and get rid of all components that might be related to it (such as tracking cookies, which are used to spy on your activity online), use anti-spyware program, for instance, Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego.
Questions about FullSearching.com virus
It appears that this browser hijacker can infect two major web browsers only – Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Once installed, it loads these browsers with tracking cookies and starts monitoring user’s activity on the Internet. It aims to explore what websites the user enters, what links or ads does he or she click on, what is the computer’s IP address, and similar content. All this information gives this hijacker an opportunity to analyze user’s interests and deliver targeted sponsored content later on. However, such activity might not seem beneficial to you; most likely, you will find FullSearching.com ads annoying.
Methods of distribution
FullSearching.com virus travels in the same way as many other browser hijackers. It spreads bundled with other software that users download from the Internet or via file-sharing programs. This method allows developers to add their program as “additional download” and hide it under “Default” or “Standard” installation mode. Usually, software installers recommend using these settings, and the majority of users agree with it. That’s the biggest problem. Users have to monitor freeware installation process and stop potentially unwanted programs from infiltrating their computers by adjusting components of the software package. This can be done via “Advanced” or “Custom” settings only.
FullSearching.com removal guide
If you have encountered FullSearching.com hijack, it’s time to concentrate and eliminate this potentially unwanted program until it hasn’t caused more problems or let other malware enter your computer. At the end of the article, you will find detailed instructions how to remove FullSearching.com manually. This method takes more time and requires more knowledge or experience in virus elimination. If you don’t feel capable of removing the virus manually or this task scares you a lot, you can choose automatic FullSearching.com removal. We recommend this method for those who faced a browser hijacker for the first time.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove FullSearching.com virus, follow these steps:
Get rid of FullSearching.com from Windows systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall FullSearching.com and related programs
Here, look for FullSearching.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove FullSearching.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Remove FullSearching.com from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for FullSearching.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Delete FullSearching.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Go to Firefox Options panel as instructed below. In General tab, delete FullSearching link from homepage field and enter a preferred homepage URL there. Click OK. Then look at these instructions again and go to Manage Search Engines section. Click on FullSearching URL, and click Remove, then OK.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select FullSearching.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete FullSearching.com removal.
Eliminate FullSearching.com from Google Chrome
Go to your browser’s settings using instructions provided below. Once in the Settings panel, look for On Startup section. Click on Set Pages and then delete FullSearching URL from there, click OK. Then again, find Appearance section in Settings and click Change. Then delete FullSearching URL from there, too, and click OK.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select FullSearching.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete FullSearching.com removal.