What is GuardBytes Plus?
GuardBytes Plus is a rogue anti-spyware, which was released in the beginning of December, 2014. This program looks like a normal anti-spyware, so don't get surprised after discovering that this program is capable of scanning your computer and then showing trustworthy-looking scan results. In reality, these scan results are forged and should never be trusted because they seek the only thing – to trick people into believing that their PCs are dangerously infected and that they need to purchase the licensed GuardBytes Plus version.
This version is also fake and should never be purchased because it does the only thing – disables the trial version of this rogue anti-spyware and takes people's money. Besides, purchasing such dangerous programs as this one can also lead you to the loss of your personal information and other issues, so if you have already purchased GuardBytes Plus virus, you should contact your credit card company to dispute the charges. In addition, we highly recommend you to remove this fake security software because it won't stop showing you its fake alerts.
Clicking on these alerts may redirect you to malicious websites, so you should stay away from them as far as you can. To sum up, if you have already started seeing GuardBytes Plus alerts and notifications, you should ignore them. Also, you should remove this rogue anti-spyware from your computer and fix it. For that we recommend using Reimage or other reputable anti-spyware.
How can GuardBytes Plus infect my computer?
It is known that there are several methods that are used for spreading this rogue anti-spyware. The first of them relies on spam, which is usually filled with infected email attachments. Such fake email messages are set to report about such tricky things as missing payments, unexpected money transactions, refunds and other things that have always been tricking users into falling for downloading fake attachment to their computers.
In addition, GuardBytes Plus virus can also get inside your PC system after clicking on misleading pop-up message. In most of the cases, such messages offer free Flash Player, FLV Player and similar updates. Please, be very careful with such alerts because there are lots of malicious programs that are spread with their help.
Finally, we highly recommend you to avoid visiting illegal websites and installing free tools, such as online scanners, security scanners and other suspicious programs because they can also lead you to the infiltration of this rogue. Once it infiltrates the system, it drops its predetermined registry entries and files that are used to launch this virus. After that, it starts causing annoying system scanners and alerts that are set to report about tens or even hundreds of different viruses. For example:
GuardBytes Plus has blocked a program from accessing the internet – This program is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords
In order to stay safe, you should never fall for such alerts. Instead of clicking them and purchasing GuardBytes Plus license, you should remove this virus from the system. Here is how you can do that:
How to remove GuardBytes Plus virus?
If you have been bothered by GuardBytes Plus alerts, you should run a full system scan with a reputable anti-spyware. Of course, before you do so you should update it. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide. When trying to remove Guard Bytes virus, our recommended programs are Reimage and Malwarebytes because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! GuardBytes Plus may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose the date and the specific restore point that you want and click Next.
- Wait until your PC reboots and click OK on the Restoration Complete window.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel and select User Accounts.
- After a new window shows up, click on Guest -> Turn On Guest Account.
- Now wait until computer reboots and you see Windows log on screen
- Select Guest account for downloading our recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Malwarebytes to it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.
5. BLOCKING AGUARDBYTES PLUS BEFORE A SCAN:
- Let AVbytes Win 7 Protection 2015 start its work and finish its fake system scan.
- Click on Allow unprotected and close the warning message.
- Open File Explorer (click Start -> Documents) and enter %AppData% in the location bar. Click enter.
- Rename guard-agas or similar entry.
- Reboot your machine and enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe
- Download SpyHunter and remove malicious files that belong to GuardBytes Plus.
GuardBytes Plus manual removal: