What is ListingsPortal Toolbar?
ListingsPortal Toolbar is a program that offers: “Explore deals, events and services in your area. Find jobs and buy things with easy access to Craigslist and Ebay Classifieds. Discover local dining options and reviews with easy access to Seamless.com and TripAdvisor.” However, before you hook on this seemingly useful app, you should known that security experts categorize it as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). It means that the tool has a quite huge amount of drawbacks, which surpass positive features.
Despite the fact that ListingsPortal Toolbar can be downloaded directly from the official website, more frequently people install it unwillingly and unconsciously because it tends to spread as an attachment of other freewares and sharewares. If it manages to enter your computer’s system, it may corrupt your web browser’s settings and set Ask search (search.myway.com) as your default start page, search provider, and a new tab. Of course, you may also notice ListingsPortal Toolbar installed on each of your web browsers. If you are going thru such modifications right now, you should surf the net very carefully. That’s because genuine search results provided by this search may be complemented with sponsored links, commercial advertisements and similar content that may cause redirects to suspicious websites. The toolbar is specifically used for promoting predetermined third-party websites; therefor, you can never be sure whether ListingsPortal redirects will expose you to reliable websites or not.
How can ListingsPortal Toolbar affect my computer?
ListingsPortal Toolbar’s relationship with viruses or malwares hasn’t been traced. Nevertheless, we highly do not recommend using this tool as it may deliver suspicious third-party content to you and make you visit really suspicious websites. If you want to prevent infiltration of this toolbar, you should remember that it can be attached to various freewares, such as download managers, PDF creators, media players, games, etc. Besides, don’t forget that third party download websites, including download.com, soft32.com, cnet.com, softonic.com, etc., are frequently involved in the distribution of software packages. Thus, whenever you decide to install a freeware, make sure that you select an expanded installation mode (Advance/Custom), read all the terms given on the installation wizard, and opt out of all ‘additional components’, including ListingsPortal Toolbar with Ask search.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of ListingsPortal Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove ListingsPortal Toolbar?
Remove ListingsPortal either manually or automatically. A detailed guide can be found below:
- Uninstall programs that are related to ListingsPortal Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for ListingsPortal Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (ListingsPortal Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.