What should you know about Mac Adware Cleaner pop-ups?
Mac Adware Cleaner ads promote a tool which is supposed to protect your Apple computer from malware, adware and other security threats. However, you should not rely on this notification and do not press “Install Now” button. Indeed, these annoying pop-ups informing about “Recommended Download” warn about a necessity to take care of your Mac’s state. However, this promoted software is not a tool that you are looking for. These ads inform about a potentially unwanted program (PUP) residing on the system. Cyber infections rarely attack Mac OS X; however, users who avoid online security tips might get easily get infected. Thus, if you started noticing these pop-ups when browsing the web, you should check whether Advanced Mac Cleaner hasn’t been installed on your device. It seems that this dubious program is responsible for generating these ads. Thus, in order to remove Mac Adware Cleaner ads, you should look for the potentially harmful program on the system. Or you can speed up this procedure with Reimage.
Mac Adware Cleaner virus may affect Safari, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox web browsers. It injects ads code into the browsers. As a result, browsing sessions are continuously disturbed by pop-up notification suggesting the installation of this bogus software. If you decide to agree to download Mac Adware Cleaner, you may encounter even more online ads and pop-ups. Besides, you may also face other computer-related issues. This program is not useful and helpful. After the installation, you may be bothered by sudden system scans and scared by shocking results. This questionable program might show a huge number of detected viruses and malware which are not real. It might be a tricky and shady marketing strategy to convince users to obtain a paid version of the program. However, we want to remind that Mac operating system is immune to various cyber threats. Nevertheless, there is certain malware attacking Mac OS X;  there’s no need to install bogus software to strengthen computer’s security. If you were tricked and downloaded this tool, you should perform Mac Adware Cleaner removal right now.
When was the program responsible for these pop-ups installed on my Mac?
Just like the vast majority of PUPs, this one was also installed on the device along with other software. Thus, if you have recently installed a new program or some other files from unknown sources, Mac Adware Cleaner adware may have sneaked inside as well. We want to point out that it’s important to choose only reliable sources for downloads. Stay away from torrents, P2P networks, insecure sites, and similar questionable sources. You should only rely on publisher’s sites. What is more, you need to pay attention to the installation procedure itself. Do not rely on Quick or Standard modes and always opt for Custom or Advanced option. The first installation settings do not reveal about optional third-party apps that might have been attached to the primary program. As a result, they are installed by default. Thus, you may soon start facing the problems caused by Mac Adware Cleaner or other PUPs. In order to avoid them, you always choose Advanced/Custom setup and follow each step attentively. Opt out all third-party programs that are offered to install.
How can I get rid of Mac Adware Cleaner ads?
As you already know, Mac Adware Cleaner pop-ups are triggered by the dubious software that was silently installed on your device. Thus, in order to make these ads stop, you have to remove the program which is responsible for them by following these steps:
1. Open the Utilities folder and launch Activity Monitor.
2. In the Activity Monitor look for the Advanced Mac Cleaner (or/and Mac Adware Cleaner). Click on it and select Quit Process option.
3. You will receive a dialog window asking if you want to quit Advanced Mac Cleaner. Click on the Force Quit button.
4. Click Go button and select Applications.
5. In the Applications list, look for the Advanced Mac Cleaner. Once you find it, right-click on it and choose Move to Trash. You might be asked to enter user password, thus enter it.
6. Launch Apple menu (Apple icon on the top left corner) and select System Preferences.
7. In the System Preferences go to Accounts and select Login Items. In the appeared list look for the Advanced Mac Cleaner and click on the “-” button.
When Mac Adware Cleaner removal is completed, you have to make sure that any suspicious entries haven’t been installed on your web browsers. It doesn’t matter which browser you use – Chrome, Firefox or Safari – you should reset all their settings. As we already told, this PUP might have injected ads code. However, there might have been installed other suspicious third-party entries or tracking cookies. Thus, in order to remove Mac Adware Cleaner ads, you need to get rid of all these entries. The instructions below will help you to reset web browsers.
You can remove Mac Adware Cleaner automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Mac Adware Cleaner ads Removal Guide:
Remove Mac Adware Cleaner from Mac OS X system
Mac Adware Cleaner ads are usually caused by Advanced Mac Cleaner. Thus, you need to uninstall this shady application from the device. Once you do that, recent all web browsers that are installed on your device.
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Mac Adware Cleaner or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Remove Mac Adware Cleaner from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Follow the instructions below to reset Mozilla Firefox after the Mac Adware Cleaner hijack. It helps to delete all shady entries that might be responsible for delivering ads and causing other problems.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Mac Adware Cleaner and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Mac Adware Cleaner removal.
Remove Mac Adware Cleaner from Google Chrome
Google Chrome reset is necessary in order to get rid of misleading applications. Follow the steps below:
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Mac Adware Cleaner and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Mac Adware Cleaner removal.
Remove Mac Adware Cleaner from Safari
Once you reset Safari, ads by Mac Adware Cleaner will disappear from your browser. The guidelines below will help you to do that.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Mac Adware Cleaner or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Mac Adware Cleaner removal process.