News-gafivi.cc ads Removal Guide
What is News-gafivi.cc ads?
News-gafivi.cc can cause pop-up ads by tricking users into clicking the “Allow” button
News-gafivi.cc uses clever tactics to make users subscribe to notifications
News-gafivi.cc is a deceptive site created by crooks to monetize user activity. The page uses social engineering methods to trick people into subscribing to push notifications. Users are asked to press the “Allow” button and then they start getting spammed with annoying pop-up ads that can appear even when the browser is closed.
The ads may lead to dangerous websites because crooks often use rogue advertising networks. By clicking on the links embedded in the pop-ups, users can end up on scam sites that try to fool them into providing personal information, downloading PUPs (potentially unwanted programs), and malware.
You should not click on any ads produced by this website, even if it seems to promote legitimate, well-known services and products. Fraudsters can disguise the ads to look trustworthy so it is best to go to the source directly. You should disable the push notifications, especially if children are using the affected device as ads promoting adult content may appear.
|Push notification spam; adware
|Pop-up ads start appearing in the corner of the screen after the “Allow” button is pressed
|Shady websites, deceptive ads, redirects, freeware installations
|Links embedded in the push notifications can lead to dangerous websites where users can be tricked into providing their personal information and suffer from monetary losses
|Users can block push notifications via browser settings
|It is recommended to use a repair tool like FortectIntego after the removal to fix any remaining damage
Usually, push notification spam pages such as News-gafivi.cc hide in other shady sites behind deceptive ads and sneaky redirects. Websites that engage in illegal activities are especially dangerous because they are unregulated. They are full of fake “Download” and “Play” buttons that can open new tabs with harmful sites.
That is why you should not visit pages that you do not know. Use legitimate streaming services, like Netflix or Hulu, instead of illegal streaming platforms as they are completely safe. They require only a small monthly subscription fee to be able to watch as much content as you want.
However, it is also possible that the site appeared automatically because you have an adware infection. It can operate in the background and cause an increased amount of commercial content, like pop-ups, banners, and redirects. Depending on the type of infection, different removal methods may apply so follow the guide below.
News-gafivi.cc may appear when browsing through shady websites
Block notifications from News-gafivi.cc
Because push notifications are subscription-based, they can be turned on and off only manually. We have a detailed guide for the most popular browsers below:
Google Chrome (desktop):
- Open Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
Google Chrome (Android):
- Open Google Chrome and tap on Settings (three vertical dots).
- Select Notifications.
- Scroll down to Sites section.
- Locate the unwanted URL and toggle the button to the left (Off setting).
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
MS Edge (Chromium):
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
Cookies and cache
These small data files are not inherently bad. Legitimate sites use them to personalize the user experience by showing relevant results, etc. However, they can also be used to generate revenue by selling them to advertising networks, and other third parties. There is an automatic solution to this problem – FortectIntego. This powerful software can stop the tracking and delete the existing information and fix serious system errors with a click of a button.
The possibility of adware infection
Unwanted browser behavior can also be caused by PUPs. Sometimes pages like News-gafivi.cc show up without any user input at all. This can be caused by adware which is a program that can generate commercial content in the machine without the users' knowledge. Many of them are disguised as “handy” tools so they would be more difficult to identify for average users.
That is why having professional security tools like SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes is essential. A PC without an antivirus is like a home without a door. Anti-malware solutions can scan the machine and detect suspicious processes running in the background. Besides, it can prevent such infections by warning users about dangerous files trying to enter the system.
However, if you know what you are doing and which program should be eliminated, you can follow our step-by-step instructions for Windows and Mac machines:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
How to prevent from getting adware
Choose a proper web browser and improve your safety with a VPN tool
Online spying has got momentum in recent years and people are getting more and more interested in how to protect their privacy online. One of the basic means to add a layer of security – choose the most private and secure web browser. Although web browsers can't grant full privacy protection and security, some of them are much better at sandboxing, HTTPS upgrading, active content blocking, tracking blocking, phishing protection, and similar privacy-oriented features. However, if you want true anonymity, we suggest you employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN – it can encrypt all the traffic that comes and goes out of your computer, preventing tracking completely.
Lost your files? Use data recovery software
While some files located on any computer are replaceable or useless, others can be extremely valuable. Family photos, work documents, school projects – these are types of files that we don't want to lose. Unfortunately, there are many ways how unexpected data loss can occur: power cuts, Blue Screen of Death errors, hardware failures, crypto-malware attack, or even accidental deletion.
To ensure that all the files remain intact, you should prepare regular data backups. You can choose cloud-based or physical copies you could restore from later in case of a disaster. If your backups were lost as well or you never bothered to prepare any, Data Recovery Pro can be your only hope to retrieve your invaluable files.