What is SafeSear.ch?
SafeSear.ch is a questionable search engine that can easily hijack your browser and start showing various pop-up ads. However, the most annoying thing about this program is that it may appear on your computer without your direct approval and then initiate redirects to related websites. No matter that this search site promises to help people reach their favorite websites faster, sometimes it seems that all what it seeks is to promote third parties and increase their page rank, web traffic or sales. Remember, this site may display altered search results and display various pop-up ads during browsing. That's why we recommend relying on Google, Yahoo and other well-known search engines. In addition, in order to avoid SafeSear.ch redirects to unfamiliar websites, slow downs and other issues, you should scan your PC with reputable anti-spyware and remove programs that are related to this questionable search site.
How can SafeSear.ch hijack my computer?
As we have already mentioned, SafeSear.ch may show up on your computer out of nowhere. In most of the cases, it hijacks Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers after downloading questionable freeware on the system. Please, be very careful with such programs as download managers, PDF creators and similar software. By saying 'be careful' we think about choosing Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware, following every installation step and also unchecking all check boxes that agree to make SafeSear.ch the start page or default search engine. If you have already discovered this site on your computer, be careful. We recommend following a guide that is given below and eliminating SafeSear.ch virus from the system with all programs that are related to it and are involved in its distribution:
How to remove SafeSear.ch redirect?
If you think that your PC was affected by SafeSear.ch virus, that's nothing bad. You should just follow a guide that is given below and remove this questionable program from the system:
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. For that, we recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes.
- Uninstall a freeware, which is related to SafeSear.ch:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings, etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Restore your browsers:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon → 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries and remove them.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
4. Remove SafeSear.ch and enter your preferred domain name.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' → 'Search Providers',
6. Set your preferred search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select unfamiliar add-ons and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
4. Here, eliminate SafeSear.ch and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
6. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select suspicious extensions and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' → 'On startup' section → 'set pages'
4. Here, eliminate SafeSear.ch by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon → 'Settings' → 'Search' section
6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines…' and add your preferred domain name.