Search.kimosachi.com is a browser hijacker that causes tons of redirects on your Mac
Search.kimosachi.com is the fake search engine that delivers questionable in-browser search results. Search.kimosachi.com is a PUP that changes the homepage of your browser and affects the speed of the computer with additional content. The Kimosachi search engine causes these redirects, intrusive advertisements and other changes on your Chrome, Safari or Firefox. In most cases, the program is installed on the system unwillingly, and the user is redirected to this fake search engine out of nowhere. However, it often gets frustrating because nothing on this website is working when you try to use it as a search engine. You cannot search for photos, videos or news or even read the Terms section. When you try to read more about this website you get redirected to a page that states about Nginx script that often also get called malicious due to unclear purposes. The only solution is to get rid of all related programs and setting your browser to Default.
|Category||Potentially unwanted program|
|Symptoms||Changed homepage, search engine, new tab. Constant redirects causing slowness on the browser|
|Affected system||Mac OS|
|Distribution||Software bundles, deceptive ads, websites|
|Removal||Use Reimage and scan the system to get rid of Search.kimosachi.com or other PUPs|
Usually, Search.kimosachi.com browser hijacker and similar programs come through advertisements or get bundled with ofter software. This is why people have no idea where these redirects and changes came from. Due to this silent infiltration, you may also notice additional browser content like extensions, add-ons or plugins installed without your permission.
Every little browser addition makes your Safari, Chrome or Firefox running slower than usual or even cause crashes and freezes. Search.kimosachi.com is designed to change your browser search provider, redirect to other pages and deliver altered search results. Additionally potentially unwanted programs can:
- Change the appearance of your browser;
- Set Search.kimosachi.com or another search engine as the default on your browser;
- Modify the new tab, homepage settings;
- Load advertisements to commonly visited sites;
- Redirect your online traffic to suspicious pages and domains;
- Install additional content;
- Track information about your online preferences.
Although Search.kimosachi.com website might not work properly or provide you with any information or features, you need to get rid of the program immediately. For that, you should get a reputable program because the website is not the main intruder you need to delete.
Get a tool like Reimage and scan the system to remove Search.kimosachi.com and the main PUP that is responsible for the intrusive behavior. A full system scan provides you with thorough results and suggests what applications you need to terminate.
Since Search.kimosachi.com removal takes a few minutes, you can get back to browsing online normally immediately. However, experts advise checking your browsers directly and removing any suspicious content. We have a few tips regarding this step down below.
Mac devices can get infected when you browse questionable websites
Although there is a common belief that Apple devices are immune to cyber infections, there is an opportunity to get unwanted programs or even more severe mac malware. When you get software from questionable providers, online websites or p2p networks, you risk getting additional products during the wanted installation.
Clean the system and remove Search.kimosachi.com using reputable tools
You should make sure that every PUP or suspicious tool installed by the same browser hijacker is appropriately deleted. The only way you can do so is by employing an antivirus program suitable for the Mac operating system. Then a full system scan helps you with further Search.kimosachi.com removal.
You shouldn't try to remove Search.kimosachi.com manually because it takes more time and you cannot find all related files or programs. This way browser hijacker remains running on the system. If you need a reputable program, check our suggestions.
You can remove virus damage automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes. We recommend these applications because they detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Search.kimosachi.com, follow these steps:
Remove Search.kimosachi.com from Mac OS X system
Mac operating system is not immune to cyber threats. Clean the device and remove Search.kimosachi.com:
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.kimosachi.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Uninstall Search.kimosachi.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.kimosachi.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.kimosachi.com removal.
Delete Search.kimosachi.com from Google Chrome
Check your browser thoroughly to make sure no intruders are affecting the performance:
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.kimosachi.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.kimosachi.com removal.
Erase Search.kimosachi.com from Safari
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Search.kimosachi.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Search.kimosachi.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Search.kimosachi.com removal process.