Is Search.searchfdm.com site dangerous?
Some PC users rush to claim that Search.searchfdm.com virus has affected their computers right after noticing this site in their browsers. However, this bogus search engine is not itself a virus, nor is it promoted by one. In fact, it relates to a potentially unwanted program (PUP), which is known to be browser hijacker type application. We have discovered that this hijacker changes browser’s settings and sets a particular site as homepage and default search engine. It seems that this hijacker can be downloaded from the Internet as a FreeDriverMaps extension, which has been developed by SaferBrowser. Anyone who is at least a bit familiar with spyware knows that Safer Browser is a never-ending source of various browser hijackers and adware programs. Unfortunately, we cannot say anything optimistic or positive about this company, because many computer users complain about their products and seek to remove them. If you also wish to remove Search.searchfdm.com, use Reimage Reimage Cleaner software or follow instructions that are given at the end of this post.
Questions about Search.searchfdm.com virus
Even though the discussed site looks secure and resembles a typical search engine, it would be naive to rely on its search results. It appears that part of them are sponsored and hold links that can quickly connect the user with third-party web pages, which might be vague or even insecure to visit. In other words, by searching via this search engine, you might have to experience Search.searchfdm.com redirect issue. Not only these redirects are annoying and prevent you from accessing relevant search results quickly, but they can also be dangerous. You can never know what these third-party websites aim for and why do they collaborate with companies like SaferBrowser and push victims into visiting their shady-looking Internet sites. Remember that untrustworthy third-party sites can be used to distribute potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and also malware, so do not try to download any type of content from unknown sites, no matter how “useful” and interesting it looks. If you do not want to risk and end up installing malicious pieces of software or visiting rogue sites that urge to provide your personal information, better initiate Search.searchfdm.com removal immediately. As long as this application is on your computer, the system becomes more vulnerable to other computer threats and infections.
How does this program spread?
This potentially unwanted app can be downloaded from its official website and affect all your browsers. However, its is also distributed via freeware and shareware to make more computer users install in unwillingly and gather more monetary gain. It is so because each click on a sponsored link can generate profits for the developer of this PUP. If you cannot remember when did Search.searchfdm.com hijack happen, try to remember what programs you have recently installed on your computer. Think of free programs in general – have you installed any media players, file format converters, download managers, games, and similar pieces of software? If you did install a few programs lately, one of them could have offered you to install FreeDriverMaps. These suggestions typically hide under Standard/Default installation settings. If you install your preferred program using these settings, all additions get installed as well. That is why you have to adjust settings and set them to Advanced/Custom option. After that, the user just needs to refuse to install additional components by managing them manually.
Search.searchfdm.com removal instructions
If you are tired of Search.searchfdm.com virus, do not let it bother you ever again. Install a trustworthy anti-malware software and scan your PC with it. This way, you would identify and remove the hijacker automatically, as well as all other vague programs from your PC. If you do not want to choose this Search.searchfdm.com removal option, then opt for the manual removal option. To remove Search.searchfdm.com manually, carefully read and carry out our prepared instructions:
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner . SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Search.searchfdm.com virus, follow these steps:
Delete Search.searchfdm.com from Windows systems
If you wish to remove Search.searchfdm.com, then you must delete FreeDriverMaps and everything that is associated with Express Software.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Search.searchfdm.com and related programs
Here, look for Search.searchfdm.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Search.searchfdm.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Get rid of Search.searchfdm.com from Mac OS X system
Try to locate and remove all apps related to FreeDriverMaps and Express Software.
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.searchfdm.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Uninstall Search.searchfdm.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Look for these extensions: FreeDriverMaps, Express Software.
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search.searchfdm.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search.searchfdm.com removal.
Eliminate Search.searchfdm.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Delete add-ons related to FreeDriverMaps and Express Software.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.searchfdm.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.searchfdm.com removal.
Erase Search.searchfdm.com from Google Chrome
Make sure you identify and remove Express Software and all extensions related to it, and also FreeDriverMaps extension.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.searchfdm.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.searchfdm.com removal.
Delete Search.searchfdm.com from Safari
Access Safari extensions and remove such entries and everything related to them: FreeDriverMaps, Express Software.
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Search.searchfdm.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Search.searchfdm.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Search.searchfdm.com removal process.