Should you rely on Search.wikicraftpro.com search results?
Search.wikicraftpro.com virus is a wrong term typically used to describe a browser hijacker, which spreads alongside other free programs. It can be added to the computer system after installing a free game, download manager, audio or video player, or a similar program. Once installed, this browser hijacker changes some settings in Google Chrome browser and sets Search.wikicraftpro.com URL as the homepage and default new tab page address. At the moment, this hijacker can only affect this particular Internet browser.
The intended URL appears to be a web search engine, which looks like a typical website of this kind. It provides a search box in the middle of the webpage, and you can choose what search engine do you want to use (Bing, Yahoo! Or Google). However, be aware of these search results are not the original ones and can be ALTERED! The user can use regular search, or choose to search the minecraft.gamepedia.com site. However, there are some reasons why you should not trust this search engine or even start thinking about Search.wikicraftpro.com removal, so let us list them for you.
- Search.wikicraftpro.com redirect issue. You might notice that some of the search results do not take you to desired web pages once you click them. You might experience redirects to strange-looking Internet sites, so we suggest you to be very careful while using this search engine!
- Browser crashes and system slowdowns. Do not be surprised that after installing this hijacker your browser starts to perform slower than it usually does. Your browser might start not to respond or even crash from time to time. These problems can also initiate system slowdowns and an overall decrease of computer’s performance.
- Lots of sponsored search results. It seems that this additional system application “may include and/or enable you to add Content to them.” This content might show up in a form of links to third-party advertisements, websites, buttons, gadgets, apps, and so on. Beware that such content might be insecure!
- Data collection. This browser extension is capable of collecting certain data about the computer user, including search queries made through Search.wikicraftpro.com, user’s browsing history, interaction with advertisements and so on. This data might be shared with unknown third parties afterward.
Questions about Search.wikicraftpro.com virus
Another suspicious fact that makes us wonder about the reliability of this search engine is that it has been developed by a company (ClientConnect Ltd.) that has created infamous browser redirect viruses such as Trovi.com. We strongly recommend you to think whether you wish to use such application and the indicated search engine that it provides. If you don’t, remove Search.wikicraftpro.com using anti-malware software like Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego.
How does this program spread?
Search.wikicraftpro.com hijack can happen if the computer user tends to be careless or rush to install new computer programs. Keep in mind that almost all free programs recommend installing additional programs alongside them, and if the user does not manually deselect agreements to install them, they end up being set up on user’s operating system without even notifying the computer user. To avoid that, the user just needs to adjust installation settings and set them to Custom or Advanced mode. Then, the user has to deselect all optional elements, for instance, browser toolbars, extensions, apps, and other suggested components to avoid installing them.
How to remove Search.wikicraftpro.com?
To remove Search.wikicraftpro.com virus, the user can use the anti-malware software. If one does not have it, then he/she can download one of the recommended ones that are provided below. In case the user wants to carry out manual Search.wikicraftpro.com removal, the instructions provided below might come in handy.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Search.wikicraftpro.com virus, follow these steps:
Delete Search.wikicraftpro.com from Windows systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Search.wikicraftpro.com and related programs
Here, look for Search.wikicraftpro.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Search.wikicraftpro.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Remove Search.wikicraftpro.com from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.wikicraftpro.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Eliminate Search.wikicraftpro.com from Google Chrome
Go to browser extensions and delete WikiCraftPro extension and every other browser extension that you cannot remember installing.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.wikicraftpro.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.wikicraftpro.com removal.
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. It is a hassle when your website is protected from suspicious connections and unauthorized IP addresses.
The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address. If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for server or network manager that need to monitor connections and activities. This is how you bypass some of the authentications factors and can remotely use your banking accounts without triggering suspicious with each login.
VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world. It is better to clock the access to your website from different IP addresses. So you can keep the project safe and secure when you have the dedicated IP address VPN and protected access to the content management system.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer various losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Software issues created by malware or direct data loss due to encryption can lead to problems with your device or permanent damage. When you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work.
It is crucial to create updates to your backups after any changes on the device, so you can get back to the point you were working on when malware changes anything or issues with the device causes data or performance corruption. Rely on such behavior and make file backup your daily or weekly habit.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware occurs out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the system restoring purpose.