Smart Mac Care — a rogue Mac application that provides features that are highly questionable
Smart Mac Care is a fake optimization tool that has been promoting its license via fake ads offering a free system scan. This PUA is promoted as a useful tool ready to make the device to run smooth and without any errors. However, the most of scan reports that are displayed by this program are exaggerated. Besides, you need to purchase a full its version to eliminate all this “malware” and unwanted files on your computer. Smart Mac Care is considered to be a scam which has the only purpose – to trick people into buying its full version. Please, do NOT spend your money on such software! The promoted features are not real and the only thing done by this PUP once you buy its license is clearing up the error list.
|Name||Smart Mac Care|
|Type||PUP, a fake tool|
|Distribution||Software bundling; fake ads offering a free system scan|
|Danger||Infiltrates the system silently, tricks people into paying for a useless tool|
|Elimination||ReimageIntego is the best solution for a full Smart Mac Care removal|
Developers for this tool promote this program as a useful and needed solution for Mac OS. This program allegedly scans your system for malware, junk files, and other vulnerabilities. Smart Mac Care claims that it can also protect users' sensitive information and provide more system cleaning features. However, all these features are highly questionable.
The program can be downloaded from its official website. However, the most common way of spreading PUAs and questionable system tools like this one is called bundling. This silent infiltration is typically related to freeware/shareware which is filled with optional components in exchange for money. If this app showed up on your computer out of nowhere, this is one of the reasons you need to remove Smart Mac Care as soon as possible.
The second reason that should encourage you to eliminate this program is advertisements and redirects this tool causes. Since Smart Mac Care is related to adware and sponsored by advertisers, all kinds of commercial content fill your screen when you have this intruder on your device. Typically, this program causes pop-up ads, banners or may even add new bookmarks to the bookmark list.
Every click on the displayed window can redirect you to the possibly malicious website. These sites can be filled with other cyber infections, so you need to proceed with Smart Mac Care removal immediately. ReimageIntego is a tool designed for the termination of such programs. Make sure you update it before a scan.
Smart Mac Care virus is a potentially unwanted application that gives no positive value to its user. Its aim is to convince users that their PCs are infected and that they need to get its license.
File-sharing websites can cause unwanted programs on your PC
When getting your software or applications from peer-to-peer networks, people do not realize the risk behind these installations. Software bundles are often spread during these processes, and if you skip through some steps, you may get unwanted programs. You can continue using these sites as your freeware sources, but you need to choose Advanced or Custom options while installing the programs.
Researchers tend to advise people keeping away from Default or Quick installations because of the high cyber infection risk. When you opt for Advanced installation, you can see the list with all pieces of software you are getting and de-select unwanted additional programs. Pay more attention to these processes and choose your freeware providers more wisely.
Smart Mac Care termination requires reputable anti-malware
To remove Smart Mac Care from your system for good, you should use trustworthy anti-malware programs. We have a few suggestions below this article. These are professional solutions for virus removal, so make sure you choose one of them to fix your entire PC system. It is important to rely only on professional software because PUPs often tend to renew themselves. Unfortunately, uninstalling the tool is not enough to recover the whole system.
If you think that manual Smart Mac Care removal works the best for you, follow the procedure below to fix your computer. We highly recommend resetting web browsers to remove all possible threats from your device and stop annoying ads from appearance.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Smart Mac Care, follow these steps:
Erase Smart Mac Care from Mac OS X system
Uninstallf Smart Mac Care from your device by using these detailed instructions:
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove Smart Mac Care from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for Smart Mac Care-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove Smart Mac Care, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to Smart Mac Care and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the Smart Mac Care-related entries.
Get rid of Smart Mac Care from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons:
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top-right corner of the browser
- Pick Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Smart Mac Care and other suspicious plugins. Click on these entries and select Disable.
Change your homepage if it was altered:
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon.
- Select Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete the Home page address and replace it by your preferred one (for example, Google.com).
- Click Apply and then select OK.
Delete temporary files:
- Press on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Under Browsing history, click Delete…
- Select relevant fields and press Delete.
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Click on Gear icon > Internet options and select Advanced tab.
- Select Reset.
- In the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Smart Mac Care removal.
Delete Smart Mac Care from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Get rid of annoying ads from your Firefox by relying on these steps:
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select plugins that are related to Smart Mac Care and click Remove.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Options.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
In case Smart Mac Care did not get removed after following the instructions above, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox – this should complete Smart Mac Care removal.
Eliminate Smart Mac Care from Google Chrome
Clean your Google Chrome by resetting it:
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to Smart Mac Care by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
If the above-methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the Smart Mac Care-components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings to complete Smart Mac Care removal.
Remove Smart Mac Care from Safari
Remove unwanted extensions from Safari:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- In the new window, pick Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extension related to Smart Mac Care and select Uninstall.
Clear cookies and other website data from Safari:
- Click Safari > Clear History…
- From the drop-down menu under Clear, pick all history.
- Confirm with Clear History.
Reset Safari if the above-mentioned steps did not help you:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- From the menu bar, click Develop, and then select Empty Caches.
Stream videos without limitations, no matter where you are
There are multiple parties that could find out almost anything about you by checking your online activity. While this is highly unlikely, advertisers and tech companies are constantly tracking you online. The first step to privacy should be a secure browser that focuses on tracker reduction to a minimum.
Even if you employ a secure browser, you will not be able to access websites that are restricted due to local government laws or other reasons. In other words, you may not be able to stream Disney+ or US-based Netflix in some countries. To bypass these restrictions, you can employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN, which provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, not slowing you down in the process.
Data backups are important – recover your lost files
Ransomware is one of the biggest threats to personal data. Once it is executed on a machine, it launches a sophisticated encryption algorithm that locks all your files, although it does not destroy them. The most common misconception is that anti-malware software can return files to their previous states. This is not true, however, and data remains locked after the malicious payload is deleted.
While regular data backups are the only secure method to recover your files after a ransomware attack, tools such as Data Recovery Pro can also be effective and restore at least some of your lost data.