Smart Mac Care — a rogue Mac application that provides features that are highly questionable
Smart Mac Care is a scareware which has been used to promote its fake licensed version.
Smart Mac Care is a fake optimization tool that has been promoting its license via fake ads offering a free system scan. This PUA is promoted as a useful tool ready to make the device to run smooth and without any errors. However, the most of scan reports that are displayed by this program are exaggerated. Besides, you need to purchase a full its version to eliminate all this “malware” and unwanted files on your computer. Smart Mac Care is considered to be a scam which has the only purpose – to trick people into buying its full version. Please, do NOT spend your money on such software! The promoted features are not real and the only thing done by this PUP once you buy its license is clearing up the error list.
|Name||Smart Mac Care|
|Type||PUP, a fake tool|
|Distribution||Software bundling; fake ads offering a free system scan|
|Danger||Infiltrates the system silently, tricks people into paying for a useless tool|
|Elimination||Reimage is the best solution for a full Smart Mac Care removal|
Developers for this tool promote this program as a useful and needed solution for Mac OS. This program allegedly scans your system for malware, junk files, and other vulnerabilities. Smart Mac Care claims that it can also protect users' sensitive information and provide more system cleaning features. However, all these features are highly questionable.
The program can be downloaded from its official website. However, the most common way of spreading PUAs and questionable system tools like this one is called bundling. This silent infiltration is typically related to freeware/shareware which is filled with optional components in exchange for money. If this app showed up on your computer out of nowhere, this is one of the reasons you need to remove Smart Mac Care as soon as possible.
The second reason that should encourage you to eliminate this program is advertisements and redirects this tool causes. Since Smart Mac Care is related to adware and sponsored by advertisers, all kinds of commercial content fill your screen when you have this intruder on your device. Typically, this program causes pop-up ads, banners or may even add new bookmarks to the bookmark list.
Every click on the displayed window can redirect you to the possibly malicious website. These sites can be filled with other cyber infections, so you need to proceed with Smart Mac Care removal immediately. Reimage is a tool designed for the termination of such programs. Make sure you update it before a scan.
File-sharing websites can cause unwanted programs on your PC
When getting your software or applications from peer-to-peer networks, people do not realize the risk behind these installations. Software bundles are often spread during these processes, and if you skip through some steps, you may get unwanted programs. You can continue using these sites as your freeware sources, but you need to choose Advanced or Custom options while installing the programs.
Researchers tend to advise people keeping away from Default or Quick installations because of the high cyber infection risk. When you opt for Advanced installation, you can see the list with all pieces of software you are getting and de-select unwanted additional programs. Pay more attention to these processes and choose your freeware providers more wisely.
Smart Mac Care termination requires reputable anti-malware
To remove Smart Mac Care from your system for good, you should use trustworthy anti-malware programs. We have a few suggestions below this article. These are professional solutions for virus removal, so make sure you choose one of them to fix your entire PC system. It is important to rely only on professional software because PUPs often tend to renew themselves. Unfortunately, uninstalling the tool is not enough to recover the whole system.
If you think that manual Smart Mac Care removal works the best for you, follow the procedure below to fix your computer. We highly recommend resetting web browsers to remove all possible threats from your device and stop annoying ads from appearance.
You can remove virus damage automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes. We recommend these applications because they detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Smart Mac Care, follow these steps:
Erase Smart Mac Care from Mac OS X system
Uninstallf Smart Mac Care from your device by using these detailed instructions:
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Smart Mac Care or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Get rid of Smart Mac Care from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Smart Mac Care and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Smart Mac Care removal.
Delete Smart Mac Care from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Get rid of annoying ads from your Firefox by relying on these steps:
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Smart Mac Care and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Smart Mac Care removal.
Eliminate Smart Mac Care from Google Chrome
Clean your Google Chrome by resetting it:
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Smart Mac Care and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Smart Mac Care removal.
Remove Smart Mac Care from Safari
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Smart Mac Care or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Smart Mac Care removal process.