Virus Bundespolizei Removal Guide
What is Virus Bundespolizei?
Virus Bundespolizei is a German ransomware that should never be trusted no matter what it claims or does. As soon as this virus gets inside the system, it displays a large alert titled: “BUNDESPOLIZEI Achtung! Ein Vorgang illegaler Aktivitaten wurde erkannt” what can be translated to something like German Federal Police caught you violating various laws. In order to look more trustworthy, Virus Bundespolizei displays your IP address on this alert and locks the system completely down. The reason of doing all this unwanted activity is really simple – Virus Bundespolizei seeks to convince its victims to pay a 100 euro fine in exchange for the unlock code. However, this ransomware should never be trusted no matter what it claims because it seeks only to get your money and credit card details. If you have also been infected with Virus Bundespolizei, ignore its alert because it claims completely misleading information. Keep in mind that legitimate organizations, such as Federal Police, don't warn their victims in such way and don't lock their computers.
Virus Bundespolizei distribution ways:
Virus Bundespolizei is usually installed with a help of trojan horses that comes together with spam emails or from the hacked websites that spread such viruses. This infiltration is noticed by the victim only when he is completely locked down and displayed a large alert stating that you have been watching porn and doing other illegal activities while browsing the Web. In addition, this alert offers to pay a fine if you want to unlock your machine through Ukash or Paysafecard systems. However, you are highly recommended to ignore this alert and remove Virus Bundespolizei from your computer.
Virus Bundespolizei removal guide:
When trying to remove Virus Bundespolizei, you may find yourself completely disabled from doing that. However, running a full system scan with reputable anti-malware tool, such as SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or FortectIntego will help you to fix your computer. You just need to follow these steps:
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with FBI ransomware once more and run a full system scan.
UPDATE: You can also use these options to remove Bundespolizei virus from your computer:
* Users infected with ransomware viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Bundespolizei virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated FortectIntego to remove remaining virus files.
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.