Vo Package (also known as VOPackage) is yet another program that you would not like to come across with. Technically this application is not a malicious infection. However, you should stay away from this program as far as you can. Once Vo Package infiltrates your computer, you may start seeing intrusive pop-ups all over your web browser. No matter what website your are visiting or what browser you are using (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.), Vo Package ads may follow you everywhere. Besides, this dubious application may cause various privacy-related issues. It is known that this PUP (potentially unwanted program) may use tracking cookies with the intention to record your online habits and to transfer this information to third-party advertisers.
How can Vo Package hijack my computer?
Although this application has been assigned to 'adware' category, there are a couple of differences between regular adware and Vo Package virus. Our security experts were not able to find direct download website of this questionable application. So, it looks like Vo Package is distributed only with freewares and sharewares. In fact, we have noticed that this adware may travel with such freewares as Express Files (free download manager) and VuuPC. However, even other freewares may be involved in order to distribute this useless extension. Therefore, you should be extra careful and avoid downloading unfamiliar freewares from doubtful download pages.
How to remove Vo Package from my computer?
You need to check your Add/Remove Programs folder and eliminate this trespasser. Moreover, you should also remove the freeware that is relate to it. These simple guidelines will help you to get rid of Vo Package.
- Remove Vo Package from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Vo Package, Express Files, VuuPC, SaverAddon, SupTab, WebSaver, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.