What is Windows AntiBreach Module?
Windows AntiBreach Module is a malicious application, which hails from a huge family of threats that is called FakeVimes. When it infiltrates computer, this virus starts displaying fake system scanners and pop-up notifications that are set to report about tens of different viruses. We must admit that its alerts look very convincing. Nevertheless, you have to realize that they are fake. By showing people warnings about different kinds of viruses, Windows AntiBreach Module seeks to scare them into thinking that they need to purchase its licensed version. If you don't want to lose your money, you should never do that. Besides, you should get rid of this rogue anti-spyware as soon as you can because it may cause not only fake alerts reporting about invented cyber threats. Windows AntiBreach Module can also be used for spreading other viruses, so it can lead you to the infiltration of other cyber threat. In addition, it can also start tracking you by recording your keystrokes. This is very dangerous because it can lead you to the loss of your personally identifiable information. Please, stay away from Windows AntiBreach Module virus as far as you can! If you believe that your PC has already been affected, you should run a full system scan with Reimage and get rid of this threat.
How can Windows AntiBreach Module infect my computer?
It hasn't been revealed that Windows AntiBreach Module uses updated distribution methods, so the main method which is used for spreading this threat around relies on fake alerts and spam campaigns. The easiest way to fall into infecting your PC with the cyber threat is by clicking on various pop-up ads that show up during browsing sessions. Some of these alerts claim that user should update his/hers Java, Flash Player or other program, others offer checking computer for viruses with 'online scanner'. Please, avoid such notifications because all what they seek is to trick you into downloading Windows AntiBreach Module or other potentially unwanted program/virus! If you have been convinced that your Flash Player or other program is outdated, then you should go to its official website and look for updates. If you have been convinced that you should check your PC with some free scanner, then you should scan it with Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware or other reputable anti-spyware. We say so because there is no such thing as online scanner. If Windows AntiBreach Module virus manages to infiltrate computer. the main thing that it initiates is such and similar alerts:
Potential malware detected. It is recommend to activate the protection and perform a thorough system scan to remove the malware.
Software without a digital signature detected. Your system files are at risk. We strongly advise you to activate your protection.
Please, avoid such alerts because they seek the only thing – make you think that you need to buy Windows AntiBreach Module's licensed version. Instead of spending your money on nothing, you should follow a guide below and remove this rogue.
How to remove Windows AntiBreach Module virus?
If you noticed Windows AntiBreach Module's alerts, then your PC has already been infected. Please, don't waste your time because this virus can be used for various malicious activities. In order to remove it, you should scan your PC with Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend you to select AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION because you will have to do only several steps. You will have to download a reputable anti-spyware, update it and run a full system scan. This will help you to avoid system damage and other issues. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to download and install anti-spyware, read this guide.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Windows AntiBreach Module may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- As soon as Restore system files and settings window shows up, select Next.
- Choose the restore point that you want and click Next .
- Click Finish to confirm and wait until your PC reboots.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
If you are using Windows 8, then follow these steps:
- Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point in the Search section.
- Now click on Settings -> Create a restore point.
- When in System Protection tab, select System Restore.
- Click Next button to see your restore points and left click on the entry you need.
- Now select Scan for affected programs -> Close -> Next -> Finish.
- Once your PC reboots, download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel and select User Accounts and Family Safety.
- After a new window shows up, click on Add or Remove User Accounts -> Guest Account.
- Now click on Turn On button and restart your computer
- Now wait until you see Windows log on screen and select Guest account for downloading recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus to it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.
5. BLOCKING WINDOWS ANTIBREACH MODULE BEFORE A SCAN:
- Let Windows AntiBreach Module start its work and finish its fake system scan.
- Click on Allow unprotected and close the warning message.
- Open File Explorer (click Start -> Documents) and enter %AppData% in the location bar. Click enter.
- Rename guard-agas or similar entry.
- Reboot your machine and enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe
- Download SpyHunter and remove malicious files that belong to Windows AntiBreach Module.