.b29 File extension virus Removal Guide
What is .b29 File extension virus?
B29 ransomware – a new variant of the infamous Paradise ransomware
.b29 File extension virus is a dangerous ransomware related to the Paradise ransomware virus.
B29 ransomware, also known as Paradise B29 ransomware, is a new version of the Paradise ransomware. This malicious cryptovirus is using the .b29 file extension to mark valuable victim's data right after encrypting it. After the corruption, a ransom note named #DECRYPT MY FILES#.html is displayed on the victim's screen which aims to announce about the secret infiltration of ransomware virus on the system and files' encryption. Cybercrooks urge victims to contact them via email@example.com email address and pay the demanded ransom in Bitcoin to receive a decryption tool for their lost data.
|Name||.b29 File extension virus|
|Danger level||Very high. Encrypts important user's data, demands ransom in exchange for the decryption key|
|Related to||Paradise ransomware|
|Appendix||.b29 file extension|
|Ransom note||#DECRYPT MY FILES#.html|
|Given email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ransom type||Needs to be paid in Bitcoin. Size depends on how fast the victim contacts the criminal|
|Distribution||Usually thru phishing emails|
|Elimination process||Eliminate the virus with the help of ReimageIntego|
The price for files' encryption typically differs. It depends on how fast the victim contacts virus developers and how many files he or she needs to recover. As evidence that files can be decrypted, crooks offer to unlock three files encrypted by .b29 files ransomware.
Here are the instructions displayed by ransomware to inform its victim about the attack:
[WHAT HAPPENED] Your important files produced on this computer have been encrypted due a security problem
If you want to restore them, write us to the e-mail: email@example.com
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us.
After payment we will send you the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files.
[FREE DECRYPTION AS GUARANTEE] Before paying you can send to us up to 3 files for free decryption.
Please note that files must NOT contain valuable information and their total size must be less than 1Mb
[HOW TO OBTAIN BITCOINS] The easiest way to buy bitcoin is LocalBitcoins site.
You have to register, click Buy bitcoins and select the seller by payment method and price
[ATTENTION] Do not rename encrypted files
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss
If you not write on e-mail in 36 hours – your key has been deleted and you cant decrypt your files
Once inside the system, Paradise B29 ransomware also creates several registry entries in the victim's computer in order to perform its hazardous activity. Data is encrypted by using unique codes. All keys are stored on external servers and are almost impossible to discover.
Be careful and better avoid any contact with the criminals. According to malware experts from NoVirus.uk, victims usually are tricked into paying a big price and left with a broken promise. What you should do is remove .b29 File extension virus from your PC system as quickly as possible. For such purpose use ReimageIntego or any other similar professional anti-malware tool.
After you perform the .b29 Files ransomware removal, make sure you protect important data in the future to avoid further possible cyber attacks. We recommend storing valuable information on remote devices such as a USB drive or iCloud. Notice, ransomware might even open paths for other malware. In spite of this fact, proceed with the elimination as soon as you spot symptoms such as:
- Files are encrypted with the .b29 appendix;
- A ransom note named #DECRYPT MY FILES#.html;
- You spot unrecognizable changes in the Windows Registry.
Paradise B29 - a sneaky cryptovirus which infiltrates the system unknowingly and starts its hazardous activity by modifying the Windows Registry.
Phishing emails are the main way how does this malware spread around
According to research, ransomware often distributes thru dubious spam messages which are sent from the cybercrooks straightly to victims' emails. In some cases, they might come legitimate-looking. There might be an attachment clipped to the letter or a link inserted inside. DO NOT open such content as it might contain a harmful infection. Get rid of all spam emails you receive if you are not expecting anything important recently.
A good option would be to download and install an antivirus program if you do not already have one running on your computer. Such tools increase the protection highly and secure the system from various threats and infections that might occur along the way.
Eliminate the .b29 File extension virus and clean your PC
To remove .b29 File extension virus from your computer system, you will need to install anti-malware. We recommend using programs such as ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, Malwarebytes. Carefully follow the given instructions that will be provided by the tool to perform the full elimination of the virus. If you cannot launch the scanner, you need to reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Networking or reset your machine to the previous data.
After you carry out the Paradise b29 ransomware removal, be sure to take care of backups of your most valuable data. For that, you can use external hard drives, could services and similar methods. To recover data that was corrupted by the cyber threat, you can try the following methods for restoring encrypted data. Nevertheless, the best way to do that is to restore your files from backup.
Getting rid of .b29 File extension virus. Follow these steps
Manual removal using Safe Mode
To remove B29 ransomware with the help of Safe Mode, use this guide:
Manual removal guide might be too complicated for regular computer users. It requires advanced IT knowledge to be performed correctly (if vital system files are removed or damaged, it might result in full Windows compromise), and it also might take hours to complete. Therefore, we highly advise using the automatic method provided above instead.
Step 1. Access Safe Mode with Networking
Manual malware removal should be best performed in the Safe Mode environment.
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click on Start button and select Settings.
- Scroll down to pick Update & Security.
- On the left side of the window, pick Recovery.
- Now scroll down to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Now press 5 or click 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Shut down suspicious processes
Windows Task Manager is a useful tool that shows all the processes running in the background. If malware is running a process, you need to shut it down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes section, and look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the process, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check program Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Go to Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious program and pick Disable.
Step 4. Delete virus files
Malware-related files can be found in various places within your computer. Here are instructions that could help you find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive you want to clean (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in).
- Scroll through the Files to delete list and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Remove .b29 File extension using System Restore
Disable the virus by turning on the System Restore feature:
Step 1: Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift, which is on your keyboard, and click Restart..
- Now select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and finally press Restart.
- Once your computer becomes active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2: Restore your system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter.
- Now type rstrui.exe and press Enter again..
- When a new window shows up, click Next and select your restore point that is prior the infiltration of .b29 File extension. After doing that, click Next.
- Now click Yes to start system restore.
Bonus: Recover your dataGuide which is presented above is supposed to help you remove .b29 File extension from your computer. To recover your encrypted files, we recommend using a detailed guide prepared by 2-spyware.com security experts.
Data recovery can be a difficult job but worth trying. Below you will see some methods which might help you in such case.
If your files are encrypted by .b29 File extension, you can use several methods to restore them:
Try Data Recovery Pro if wanting to restore files:
Follow the given instructions and you might be able to recover important data that was deleted, damaged, or corrupted in a certain way.
- Download Data Recovery Pro;
- Follow the steps of Data Recovery Setup and install the program on your computer;
- Launch it and scan your computer for files encrypted by .b29 File extension ransomware;
- Restore them.
Use Windows Previous Versions feature to get files back:
This method might be helpful in data recovery. However, the bad news is that it will not work if you did not activate the System Restore function before the virus managed to spread on your PC.
- Find an encrypted file you need to restore and right-click on it;
- Select “Properties” and go to “Previous versions” tab;
- Here, check each of available copies of the file in “Folder versions”. You should select the version you want to recover and click “Restore”.
Shadow Explorer might be useful:
Follow the given instructions. Notice, this method will work only if the ransomware did not manage to erase Shadow Volume Copies of corrupted files.
- Download Shadow Explorer (http://shadowexplorer.com/);
- Follow a Shadow Explorer Setup Wizard and install this application on your computer;
- Launch the program and go through the drop down menu on the top left corner to select the disk of your encrypted data. Check what folders are there;
- Right-click on the folder you want to restore and select “Export”. You can also select where you want it to be stored.
There is no official decryptor yet found.
Finally, you should always think about the protection of crypto-ransomwares. In order to protect your computer from .b29 File extension and other ransomwares, use a reputable anti-spyware, such as ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.