FBI Department of Defense virus Removal Guide
What is FBI Department of Defense virus?
FBI Department of Defense virus is a dangerous ransomware, which is expected to replace FBI virus. This threat is extremely consistent when it comes to scaring its victims and making them pay an invented fine of $300. Typically, it starts its activity by blocking down the system. It means that this virus is capable to block Internet connection, and hide all the files and folders. In addition, FBI Department of Defense virus starts showing a huge notification, which seems like it belongs to Federal Bureau of Investigation and involves such details as victim's IP address, computer's location, operating system and similar. No matter that it looks professionally, this alert is nothing but a scam, which seeks to scare PC users into paying a ransom. Please, never do that! You have to remove FBI Department of Defense virus once you start seeing its alert.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH FBI Department of Defense virus?
FBI Department of Defense virus is downloaded onto the target PC by trojan horse, which is known as Trojan.Ransomlock. This cyber threat is usually spread via spam, illegal websites and similar means that are used for spreading trojans. Once it gets inside, it blocks down the PC and starts showing this fake alert that reports about breaking down the laws of United States of America. It claims:
Mandiant U.S.A. Cyber Security
FBI. Department of Defense
U.S.A. Cyber Crime Center
Your computer has been blocked for safety reasons listed below.
You are accused of viewing/storage and/or dissemination of banned pornography (child pornography/zoophilia/rape etc). You have violated World Declaration on non-proliferation of child pornography. You are accused of committing the crime envisaged by Article 161 of United States of America criminal law.
Remember, FBI uses much more serious methods when trying to make their criminals pay fines. If you see FBI Department of Defense alert on your computer, it means that your machine is infected with virus, which seeks to swindle $300. Please, never do that! Instead of that, follow a detailed guide, which is given below, and remove this ransomware from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE FBI Department of Defense virus?
To unlock your computer and get the ability to scan it with the reputable anti-malware, follow these steps:
1. Take another machine and use it to download SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, FortectIntego or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with FBI Department of Defense virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with FBI Department of Defense virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual FBI Department of Defense virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable FBI virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated anti-spyware to remove remaining Mandiant USA Cyber Security virus files. We recommend using SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, FortectIntego or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.