FBI Ultimate Game Card virus Removal Guide
What is FBI Ultimate Game Card virus?
FBI Ultimate Game Card virus is a completely fake application, ransomware, which should never be trusted. Its target is people who live in United States of America, but there are many other versions of this ransomware that are actively spread in all Europe and its countries. Typically to this group of threats, FBI Ultimate Game Card virus displays its misleading alert, which seeks to create an image that user has a deal with Federal Bureau of Investigation. Classically, it locks system down and then claims that victim is caught using copyrighted music and its files on his/hers computer. All this is done for the only thing – scammers are willing to make users pay the 'fine'. Before you believe this alert, look at these earlier versions of FBI Ultimate Game Card virus: FBI virus, FBI Moneypak or the latest Department of Justice virus, As you can see, they share identical GUI and use similarly-looking alert.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH FBI Ultimate Game Card virus?
Spam emails and their attachments, freeware and shareware or frequent visits on hacked websites can be the cause of FBI Ultimate Game Card virus. As soon as it gets inside, it locks the system down and displays its misleading alert, saying that user has been using copyrighted content and doing other things that are illegal. Be sure that all this campaign looks really trustworthy and many users have already been tricked into believing this alert and have paid the money.
We will give you some details of misleading FBI Ultimate Game Card virus alert:
Access to your computer was denied.
Illegally downloaded music tracks (in other words 'pirated copies') have been detected on your PC.While being downloaded the before mentioned tracks were copied – that's also a criminal offense in conformity with 106 of Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Both copyrighted music tracks download in the Internet and music files exchange are illegal subject to compliance with 106 of Digital Millennium Copyright Act and punished by either imposition of monetary fines or up to three years of imprisonment.
For unblocking and commission of any other actions resulted from infringement of rule of law you have to pay a penalty equal to $100. The payment should be delivered through our financial partner – Ultimate Game Card. When the payment procedure is complete successfully, your PC will be unblocked automatically.
FBI holds legal rights and permanently contacts with state legislation.
This notification is nothing but a huge scam, which should be taken as a sign that you are infected There are many users on the Internet who have already paid the fine and haven't got their computers unlocked. If you don't want to be among them, you must remove FBI Ultimate Game Card virus as soon as possible. For that, follow the information given below:
HOW CAN I REMOVE FBI Ultimate Game Card virus?
The following information will help you to remove FBI Ultimate Game Card virus. Remember that if you are not disabled from getting on the Internet, you should go online and download ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes. Run a full system scan with one of these programs and remove infected files from your computer.
* Users infected with FBI Moneypak/FBI virus/FBI Green Dot Moneypak virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Flash drive method:
- Take another machine and use it to download SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, ReimageIntego.
- Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
- In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
- Reboot computer infected with FBI Ultimate Game Card virus once more and run a full system scan with updated anti-malware program.
* Manual FBI virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable FBI Ultimate Game Card virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated ReimageIntego to remove remaining FBI Ultimate Game Card virus files.
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.