News-vitesi.cc ads Removal Guide
What is News-vitesi.cc ads?
News-vitesi.cc ads might lead users to malicious websites
News-vitesi.cc is a fake site made to scam users into subscribing to push notifications
News-vitesi.cc is a website created by unfair individuals to profit from potentially malicious advertisements. These ads would be shown to users directly on their desktops, regardless of which websites are being visited at the time or even if a browser is not actively being used. What users are dealing with here are push notifications – a legitimate browser feature (API), which is commonly misused by crooks.
Users are tricked into subscribing by misleading messages they encounter on malicious websites such as News-vitesi.cc. Once the “Allow” button is clicked, the site is permitted to send any kind of information via the notification feature, which is then used to deliver malicious links and phishing messages to users.
Luckily, the unwanted News-vitesi.cc ads can be stopped via browser settings, although several more checks should be made. If you have noticed that the number of ads you see on various websites has increased, you suffer from random redirects, and phishing content is more prevalent than ever, you should check your device for adware infection.
|Redirect, scam, malicious website, adware
|Make people provide personal information, subscribe to useless services, download malicious software or subscribe to push notifications
|Redirects could be caused by adware, although clicks on booby-trapped links on other malicious websites could be the reason for unwanted redirects as well
|Shown pop-ups incorporate fake notices and push scams. Links can also lead to websites filled with malware
|To remove unwanted apps manually, you can follow our removal guide below. If the unwanted ads and other disruptive behavior do not stop, you should scan your computer with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner security software and delete all threats automatically
|If you do not clean your browser from cookies and other web data, you see the unwanted ads return, or data continue being tracked. Stop it with FortectIntego
What are push notifications, and how do they work?
Just like any other feature, a push notification API was developed for legitimate purposes. For example, a news website may ask people whether they want to receive notifications, so they can be informed about the latest happenings – it draws their attention much quicker. This is also beneficial for the website as well, since the engagement and popularity increase.
It turned out that most users aren't that fond of push notifications in general, as most of these requests remain unaccepted (99% of them, as per Mozilla's findings)n and understandably so. The fact that the website can send a pop-up at any time can be considered rather intrusive.
Troubles begin, however, when users accept push notifications from websites such as News-vitesi.cc, Lpnotonline.com, Mcprotectionpro.com, Saarmlife.ru, and similar ones. Since they are usually tricked into subscribing, they aren't quite sure what they are dealing with, hence removal becomes a problem.
To make the picture clear, these are a few examples that you may encounter after accessing a push notification scam site (most of them don't even bother to create something original and reuse the same pictures and phrases):
- Click “Allow” to start downloading
- If you are 18+, click Allow
- Press “Allow” to verify, that you are not a robot
- Please tap Allow to continue
- Click “Allow” to win the prize and get it in our shop!
"Confirm you are not a robot" is one of the most commonly used tricks in scam schemes like these
All of these messages are misleading at best and straight-out deceptive at worst. Crooks behind the scam attempt to mimic legitimate requests users previously encountered, for example, whenever they need to confirm that they are human or that they are above 18.
News-vitesi.cc ads removal and adware check
Redirects to News-vitesi.cc most frequently occur when users click a link on some high-risk website or are taken away by a malicious script. For example, torrents and similar sites that distribute pirated software installers are well known for such behavior. Therefore, if you want to avoid being redirected to malicious sites, you should never visit websites of dubious nature in the first place. An effective ad-blocker can also prevent some unexpected redirects and intrusive ads.
In other cases, people might not be visiting suspicious websites and still end up on a scam site – this usually happens when adware is involved. This potentially unwanted software is known for its ability to deliver intrusive advertisements and make users visit potentially dangerous websites. Therefore, your first task should be to eliminate the root cause and delete adware and other malware from your system.
The easiest way to do so is by scanning your system with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, Malwarebytes, or another powerful anti-malware software. Afterward, you can also employ FortectIntego to fix any system file damage and clean your browsers from trackers (such as cookies) to secure your privacy. Finally, you should access browser settings and perform the steps below to remove News-vitesi.cc push notifications for good:
- Open the Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click the Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to the Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
MS Edge (Chromium)
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
- Open Internet Explorer, and click on the Gear icon at the top-right of the window.
- Select Internet options and go to the Privacy tab.
- In the Pop-up Blocker section, click on Settings.
- Locate the web address in question under Allowed sites and pick Remove.
How to prevent from getting adware
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.