News-zolawi.cc ads (scam) - Free Guide
News-zolawi.cc ads Removal Guide
What is News-zolawi.cc ads?
News-zolawi.cc is a malicious website created for scam purposes
News-zolawi.cc is a malicious website you shouldn't interact with
News-zolawi.cc ads might start showing up on your desktop one day seemingly out of nowhere, which might be a huge surprise. They can be displayed regardless of which website is being visited by the user or even if the browser is actively used at all. While many users associate this activity with a virus infection, it is not the case in this situation.
If you are observing ads from News-zolawi.cc, you must have allowed this website to deliver push notifications to you, even if it might sound surprising. Push notifications feature an independent element (known as API) that runs on the system level as long as the browser is running. This allows the malicious website to trigger messages that can include any type of information.
Unfortunately, the push notifications shown by News-zolawi.cc are not always secure – they are mostly of poor quality and sometimes might even show a get-rich-quick scheme, fake virus infection alerts, and much more various phishing content. We recommend not interacting with any pushed links and instead, blocking the website via browser settings.
|Type||Push notifications, ads, pop-ups, scam|
|Distribution||Users allow push notifications in after they click the “Allow” button within the prompt|
|Symptoms||Push notifications from the site show up on the desktop. These pop-ups show fake notices and push scams. Links can also lead to websites filled with malware|
|Risks||Shown pop-ups incorporate fake notices and push scams. Links can also lead to websites filled with malware|
|Removal||Push notifications can be stopped by blocking the web address of the malicious website via browser settings. Checking the device with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner security software is also recommended|
|Other tips||It is important to clean your browsers after removing potentially unwanted programs from your system – use RestoroIntego for quick and reliable results|
Scam scheme explained
Not many people would intentionally agree to subscribe to notifications that would show malicious ads, all while disturbing their computer sessions while showing up on the top of every other application currently running in the background.
The push notification feature was intended for legitimate purposes, and that's why you could see requests to enable notifications from various websites. Usually, reputable websites would not disturb users on a regular basis, and most certainly wouldn't expose them to malicious ads.
However, News-zolawi.cc, Social-discovery.io, Noticeforyour.com, Greenspecialmyline.com, and many similar websites abuse the built-in feature in order to profit from advertisement revenue and insert ads illegally.
To confuse people and make them accept the offer to show notifications, scammers come up with various excuses as to why visitors should click the “Allow” button within the notification prompt. Here are a few most common examples:
- Click “Allow” if you are not a robot
- If you are 18+, tap Allow
- Your file is ready to download. Press Allow to continue
- Can't play this video! Browser may block video autoplay… Click “Allow” to play the video
- Press “Allow”to watch the video
- Just one more step! “Allow” to continue.
News-zolawi.cc finds reasons to make people click the "Allow" button
Crooks are deliberately using socially engineered messages that manifest as something familiar to users. For example, people are well aware of the captcha verification techniques that so many websites use, and it is easy to confuse these two if not enough attention is being paid to the situation.
If you were tricked by the scam, you shouldn't panic, even if security software can't remove News-zolawi.cc ads. Since the push notification feature runs via the browser API, you need to access browser settings to remove the website's URL from the “Approved” list.
Removal of unwanted push notifications
Many people might not know how to get rid of the unwanted notifications because they were scammed into subscribing to them in the first place. Since most users don't purposely subscribe to them even on legitimate websites, they might not know how to undo this unwanted activity. In reality, this process is rather simple – just access the browser settings as explained below.
- Open the Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click the Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to the Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
MS Edge (Chromium)
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
- Open Internet Explorer, and click on the Gear icon at the top-right of the window.
- Select Internet options and go to the Privacy tab.
- In the Pop-up Blocker section, click on Settings.
- Locate the web address in question under Allowed sites and pick Remove.
While News-zolawi.cc ads are not a direct result of adware or malware infection, it is important to note those affected are more likely to encounter various scams and phishing messages while browsing the web. Likewise, adware is known for showing users various types of ads, including pop-ups, deals, banners, in-text links, etc. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should immediately take action and check your computer.
The easiest way to ensure that your device is clear from adware is by scanning it with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, Malwarebytes, or another powerful security software. Anti-malware can locate and remove all the potentially unwanted and malicious programs from your device. After adware and malware are terminated, you should also clean your browsers and repair virus damage if such has occurred – do it quickly and effortlessly with the RestoroIntego repair and maintenance tool.
How to prevent from getting adware
Choose a proper web browser and improve your safety with a VPN tool
Online spying has got momentum in recent years and people are getting more and more interested in how to protect their privacy online. One of the basic means to add a layer of security – choose the most private and secure web browser. Although web browsers can't grant full privacy protection and security, some of them are much better at sandboxing, HTTPS upgrading, active content blocking, tracking blocking, phishing protection, and similar privacy-oriented features. However, if you want true anonymity, we suggest you employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN – it can encrypt all the traffic that comes and goes out of your computer, preventing tracking completely.
Lost your files? Use data recovery software
While some files located on any computer are replaceable or useless, others can be extremely valuable. Family photos, work documents, school projects – these are types of files that we don't want to lose. Unfortunately, there are many ways how unexpected data loss can occur: power cuts, Blue Screen of Death errors, hardware failures, crypto-malware attack, or even accidental deletion.
To ensure that all the files remain intact, you should prepare regular data backups. You can choose cloud-based or physical copies you could restore from later in case of a disaster. If your backups were lost as well or you never bothered to prepare any, Data Recovery Pro can be your only hope to retrieve your invaluable files.